Moonee Valley Racecourse Redevelopment
The Moonee Valley Racing Club is set to embark on the biggest transformation in The Valley’s history - the creation of an integrated world class sporting, lifestyle, residential and events precinct that will serve the community for the next century.
The Vision for the Valley will deliver an innovative multi-purpose destination for the benefit of all Victorians, including local community, MVRC members, precinct
residents and venue visitors.
To be completed in 2024, The Valley of Tomorrow will be a highly activated precinct by day and night, all year round.
The redevelopment signals the commencement of a new era for The Valley:
- A world class thoroughbred racing centre reflecting The Valley’s international status as the home of the world’s equal highest-rated turf race, the Ladbrokes
Cox Plate, and Australia’s home of night racing
- A spectacular new grandstand, re-oriented racetrack and redeveloped infield activated for community and major event use.
- New community, business, recreation and leisure facilities
- A thriving contemporary lifestyle and residential precinct
- A key tourism destination for Victorian, interstate and international visitors
- New community and commercial partnership opportunities
The Valley of Tomorrow will retain the unique, intimate atmosphere of its famed ‘racing amphitheatre’ and be purpose-built to enhance the on-course experience.
The New Grandstand
- Delivering the world’s best night racing venue
- Bringing Members and patrons closer to the racing action than at any other metropolitan track in Australia
- Designed with a customer-first approach, ensuring Members and patrons enjoy an exceptional thoroughbred racing experience
- Positioned to capitalise on the spectacular city skyline vista and night lights
The New Track
- Employing industry leading track technology and design to create Australia’s best racing surface in all conditions
- 1702 metres in circumference, with the home straight extended from the current 173 metres to 317 metres
- 30 metres wide, providing capacity to stage up to 35 race meetings each year
- Retaining all key starting positions, including the famous W S Cox Plate 2040 metre start at the top of the home straight
- Enabling an increased number of starters, allowing more industry participants to share The Valley experience and engage in metropolitan racing