Kooyong Tennis Centre
Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club was established in 1892 and has a long, outstanding history as one of the world's most prestigious tennis clubs. Once known as the home of Australian tennis and still often referred to as the spiritual home of tennis in Australia, Kooyong's centre court has hosted both the Davis Cup and the Australian Open, and continues to host the Kooyong Classic in the lead-up to the AO.
The 8,500-capacity centre court opened in 1927 and hosted the Australian Open from that year until 1986, when Melbourne Park opened (then known as Flinders Park). Kooyong is being redeveloped in 2019/20 with the majority of the upper sections of the main arena being demolished to allow for other facilities to be built.
Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club comprises 26 beautiful grass courts, 22 fully lit all-weather en tout cas courts and 3 Plexicushion courts.