Gema Group named new hospitality partner for Accor and CommBank Stadium
The new catering deal follows an extensive competitive tender process run under the NSW Government procurement framework and will bring a new selection of options to the two stadiums.
Popular brands including Hollywood star Robert De Niro’s Japanese restaurant Nobu, Five Guys burgers, The Meat and Wine Co and Sushi Hub will be seen at the Western Sydney venues.
The partnership will see some of Sydney’s most popular restaurants and brands available for patrons at Accor Stadium and CommBank Stadium, including:
- Al Aseel: Traditional Lebanese cuisine which started in Greenacre and now has seven restaurants with a significant presence in western Sydney.
- Ribs & Burgers, The Meat and Wine Co., and Five Guys will be brought to both venues by Seagrass Boutique Hospitality Group. Global burger chain, Five Guys, opened its first Australian store in Penrith in 2021. This is the first time Five Guys will be available in a stadium anywhere in the world.
- El Jannah: Lebanese-style charcoal chicken; flavours born in Granville 25 years ago.
- Sushi Hub: Japanese sushi and sashimi. The Sushi Hub story began in Cabramatta and has grown to a 100-outlet network.
- Roll’d: Vietnamese rolls and rice-paper rolls served fresh and fast, a national favourite born in Melbourne in 2012.
- Oakberry: Brazilian acai bowls, the number one acai brand in the world.
- In addition to these famous brands will be reimagined stadium favourites, including hot dogs, hot chips, pies, rice bowls, tacos, nachos, gozleme, fish and chips, souvlaki, falafel, pizza by the slice, plant-based burgers, among other delicious items. Food trucks and carts will also operate for special events.
Gema Group Managing Director Paul Valenti said, “We’re bringing the best of western Sydney’s diverse food and wine culture into NSW’s major venues.
“We look forward to giving the millions of people who attend sporting and entertainment events the ultimate taste of Sydney.”
Accor Stadium members will enjoy a renewed dining and bar experience, with The Meat and Wine Co., a unique African-inspired steakhouse, Ribs & Burgers, and Al Aseel available.
For selected major events at Accor Stadium, Nobu will bring to life a premium hospitality experience through a unique, high-quality offering.
As part of a major Event Chef Series, Accor Stadium will see Spanish-Australian chef Miguel Maestre, French-Australian chef and restaurateur Manu Feildel and award-winning pastry chef Anna Polyviou provide bespoke menus for major event and non-match day packages.
The Gema Group has vast major event experience in Australia across the F1 Australian Grand Prix, Australian MotoGP, Supercars Championship and LIV Golf.
Gema also has strong stadium experience and is in-house at Queensland Country Bank Stadium in Townsville, Cbus Super Stadium on the Gold Coast, GIO Stadium in Canberra, and both 4 Pines and PointsBet Stadiums in Sydney.
Fans will enjoy the world’s fastest self-check-out service, in-seat delivery, and Draft Top, which removes the lid from cans to minimise single use plastics. More innovative measures are expected to be introduced from 2024.
Team colours, logos and marquee players will also be displayed across food and beverage packaging, allowing home clubs to further theme their stadium.
The deal comes after Justin Hemmes' Merivale Group took over the catering at Allianz Stadium and the SCG in 2021 to offer food and beverages from brands including Totti’s Pasta Bar, El Loco and Queen Chow.