Super Bowl

Talk about what's going on in the world of sport.
NRLandMore
Bronze

Super Bowl

Post by NRLandMore »

anyone watching this?

Baltimore Ravens were killing the 49ers for all of the first half and early in the second half then the lights went out. With that a change in momentum and now the 49ers are back in it. 28-23 Ravens.

Simmo79
Platinum

Re: Super Bowl

Post by Simmo79 »

Following on line. I'd given up hope for the Niners.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Furk. Exciting game. Not the right result.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Some one is going to get there ass kicked....power outage should never happen at a major event....there should be 100% backup....and at least 50% of the sports lights should be on a hot re strike......the legacy of Bush still lives on in the big easy.....idiots...

If the game had of continued prior to the outage 49 rs would orbit their asses handed to them...let the litigation begin....someone is bound to sue.

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

Yes what a joke that was.
I remember for the Olympic Football at the MCG back in 2000, they brought in generators for each of the six light towers to provide 100% backup. You'd reckon a Superbowl venue would have something similar in place.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

the crow wrote:Some one is going to get there ass kicked....power outage should never happen at a major event....there should be 100% backup....and at least 50% of the sports lights should be on a hot re strike......the legacy of Bush still lives on in the big easy.....idiots...

If the game had of continued prior to the outage 49 rs would orbit their asses handed to them...let the litigation begin....someone is bound to sue.
About 10yrs ago a game in the premier league lost its lights and an investigation found that it was caused by sabotage, funded by an Asian betting syndicate who would have lost big on the game.

I love conspiracies and my first reaction was someone who wanted the Niners to win Peter Hoared the Ravens

NRLandMore
Bronze

Post by NRLandMore »

It's happened at major events in the past but yes it is disappointing.

Has happened at NRL & AFL games, NRL pre-GF entertainment which was really funny), I think big time Rugby Union matches as well as finals of cricket world cups.

It was a fantastic match overall though, Blackout got into the minds of the Ravens but a great spectacle. I thought it was obvious that Beyonce wasn't lip singing, which is saying something.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Seeing as we don't have a dedicated NFL thread:

Packers season ticket waiting list time is now out to about 90 years...
https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPacker ... ars_to_go/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

Meanwhile, 49ers fans aren't too happy. (despite winning today) the team hasn't been performance too well, and they're unhappy with Levi's Stadium which is in just its second season. No cover, majority of seats exposed to the afternoon sun, and don't forget the fact they've moved from San Fransisco to Santa Clara (near San Jose) which is some 43 miles from their old home. It's hosting the Super Bowl this season and I'll be there in February so looking forward to checking it out then.