AFL 2013

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Rob
Gold

Re: AFL 2013

Post by Rob »

yob wrote:Bosnich was making a hitler salute... at Jewish supporters in the stadium
You suggesting there was a rule specifically banning hitler salutes at Spurs games? Of course f***ing not. He would have been punished under the catch all rule every sporting league has about acting like a knob. Bringing the game into disrepute/misconduct/whatever you want to call it. i.e the same rule Martin was given a whack with a bit of wet lettuce under.

Are you a conspiracy theorist yob?

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Rob wrote:
yob wrote:Bosnich was making a hitler salute... at Jewish supporters in the stadium
You suggesting there was a rule specifically banning hitler salutes at Spurs games? Of course f***ing not.
Anti semitism (any racial vilification) in public is a criminal offence in the UK. Has been for nearly 30 years.

My cooky conspiracy theory is it was an act of parliament. :der:

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

You've missed the point yob, which seems incredible given you made it in the first place. You accuse the AFL of acting in accordance with no rules, yet every other sporting league in the world does that. The EPL didn't fine Bosnich because he was charged with an offence by the cops (from memory he wasn't charged with anything anyway) he was punished for being a dickhead.

And in a lovely piece of irony, you then accuse AFL fans of being super defensive about everything. Clearly you've never visited bigfooty, which has threads slagging off the AFL on a daily basis, usually with general support. Hell, AFL fans slag off the AFL more than you do.

It's like you only post here when you're completely wasted.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Rob wrote:It's like you only post here when you're completely wasted.
FM, took you long enough...

I've read your post, and frankly I don't like it. I mean, other people have said the things you say but, I dunno, I just don't like that you did it. Stop bringing the forum in to disrepute. Look, it's basically like making a nazi salute at Jewish people. Unless some other guy did it. Deference to the authority of Random on this. Everyone loves Randy.

$2,000 thanks champ, I'll put that in to general revenue.

Don't criticise me. 95,000 at the MCG. 95,000. I need to control this, please. I need this. 95,000. We need to stick together otherwise the other games will invade us. Are you with me or are you against Australia?

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

yob wrote:

I've read your post, and frankly I don't like it. I mean, other people have said the things you say but, I dunno, I just don't like that you did it. Stop bringing the forum in to disrepute. Look, it's basically like making a nazi salute at Jewish people. Unless some other guy did it. Deference to the authority of Random on this. Everyone loves Randy.

Don't criticise me. 95,000 at the MCG. 95,000. I need to control this, please. I need this. 95,000. We need to stick together otherwise the other games will invade us. Are you with me or are you against Australia?
Once again, it was a suspended fine, he hasn't actually paid anything, and probably won't unless he's dogshit thick enough to do it again. Come to think of it, he probably will. But still, it was basically a warning. Stop acting like an asshat.

And I didn't compare it to a Nazi salute. I was using incidents as examples of things that weren't explicitly banned to offset your claim that the AFL are somehow pariahs when it comes to 'victimless crimes' as you so eloquently put it. You OK with a bikie enforcer in the Richmond rooms as well? I guess no-one should care who professional sportsmen associate with.
This is an issue every professional sporting league has to deal with. The biggest difference in Australia is that outside the AFL and NRL, no-one gives a sh*t about what happens in other sporting leagues so it doesn't make the mainstream media, so unless you actually follow the sport you don't hear about it.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Rob wrote:
yob wrote:

Once again, it was a suspended fine, he hasn't actually paid anything, and probably won't unless he's dogshit thick enough to do it again. Come to think of it, he probably will. But still, it was basically a warning. Stop acting like an asshat.

And I didn't compare it to a Nazi salute. I was using incidents as examples of things that weren't explicitly banned to offset your claim that the AFL are somehow pariahs when it comes to 'victimless crimes' as you so eloquently put it. You OK with a bikie enforcer in the Richmond rooms as well? I guess no-one should care who professional sportsmen associate with.
This is an issue every professional sporting league has to deal with. The biggest difference in Australia is that outside the AFL and NRL, no-one gives a sh*t about what happens in other sporting leagues so it doesn't make the mainstream media, so unless you actually follow the sport you don't hear about it.
I think you've sprayed up the sheets a little bit. The point was two fold 1) punishing a victimless crime (and contrasting with a nazi salute at Jews which is not a victimless crime) and 2) The decision to punish this victimless crime is inconsistently applied. Why doesn't Gardiner get his arse kicked? Because he was first.

And while I'm at it, has anyone noticed the umpires hand motion for the blood rule is exactly the same as the jailhouse salute? They're all bringing the game in to disrepute the dirty bastards.

AndrewM
Bronze

Post by AndrewM »

I have heard rumours that the GF is going to be played at Glenferrie..

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

The grand final must always be played at a venue that advantages Victorian teams to protect the integrity of the game

RobertHeatleyStand
Silver

Post by RobertHeatleyStand »

Build a 100k seater stadium in Alice Springs... and they will come

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Except the members stand

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

Hawthorn Premiers! Great noise created by the Freo fans at the 'G but Hawthorn getting the business done. 100,107 fans at the game. Great stuff!!

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

I listened to it via ABC news radio commentated by HG & Roy....good to hear them again...can't wait for the league GF.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Can a player who is reported in the Grand Final win the Norm Smith Medal? Is it a best and fairest medal or just for the best player? If it for best and fairest, what happens when a player is cited by the Tribunal in the wash up to the game? I'm hoping it is simply for the best player because I would hate there to be any tainting of what was an outstanding performance by Lake.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Norm Smith if for BOG only.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

So is Buddy going to go to GWS, if so will he make a difference?