The official Collingwood FC appreciation thread

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Laz
Bronze

Re: The official Collingwood FC appreciation thread

Post by Laz »

Your memory can't be too good because brisbane beat us at the gabba last year and don't start talking about 3 flags just enjoy the fact that weve got the chance to win 2 in a row .

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Great teams don't get beaten by 96 points. EPIC fail by the Pies tonight...

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

Amaru wrote: Manchester United, the 'Collingwood' of the English Premier League.
After that loss? More like Arsenal.

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Probably the most appropriate thread to point out how easy it is to travel across the country and back and still perform at the optimum level every week.

Amaru
Bronze

Post by Amaru »

Even blind Freddy could see the pies played bruise-free footy last night. You will see a very different Collingwood next week.

nobleoz
Gold

Post by nobleoz »

Report in today's Age says that C/wood are not only the most valuable football team in Australia ($344 mill) but exceed the 14th most valuable soccer club in the world, Hamburg.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

nobleoz wrote:Report in today's Age says that C/wood are not only the most valuable football team in Australia ($344 mill) but exceed the 14th most valuable soccer club in the world, Hamburg.
Intrinsic value or market value? I've seen companies half in value over night - same business, same income, same everything, except the government regulation that shaped its market was revoked. Like hell I'd ever buy a 1/17th piece of a pie I've got not control over.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Ahhh Amaru, always special reading posts from you.

Amaru
Bronze

Post by Amaru »

beastjim wrote:Ahhh Amaru, always special reading posts from you.
And who might you be? And why are you getting sarcastic with me? This is the Collingwood appreciation thread, stick to the topic please.

Anyhow, I'm tipping Collingwood will really make an example of the Eagles this week. The MCG will be a big advantage as will the extra day's break, the benefits of finishing top.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Going on last week's efforts, anything less than an Eagles win by about 180 points will be considered disappointing.

Amaru
Bronze

Post by Amaru »

Boba Fett wrote:Going on last week's efforts, anything less than an Eagles win by about 180 points will be considered disappointing.
What part of Pies weren't playing at 100 per cent in the final round don't you get? Do you have a learning disability? Are you incapable of grasping information and deciphering it? What's the matter with you?

Let me convey it to you in 'ape style' terms so you can understand because quite clearly you have a deficiency of some sort.

- Round 24, Collingwood play Geelong.
- Match result doesn't matter.
- Collingwood nothing to gain by winning, top spot is theirs no matter what.
- Collingwood already have injuries, didn't want to risk more given that finals start following week.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Amaru, you're so easy to wind up. Which means you're either a 15 year old boy without a girlfriend, or a grown man with some serious anger management issues.

nobleoz
Gold

Post by nobleoz »

No....you are mixing him up with those perennial bloggers, Egan & yob!

Amaru
Bronze

Post by Amaru »

Boba Fett wrote:Amaru, you're so easy to wind up. Which means you're either a 15 year old boy without a girlfriend, or a grown man with some serious anger management issues.
Not that it's any of your business scumbag, but I am not 15 years of age. This is the Collingwood appreciation thread, so if you have nothing positive to say about Collingwood, take it to the AFL thread where you can talk sh*t all you like. No joke, trying to carry out an intelligent conversation with you lot is like trying to reason with a pig.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Amaru wrote:
Boba Fett wrote:Amaru, you're so easy to wind up. Which means you're either a 15 year old boy without a girlfriend, or a grown man with some serious anger management issues.
Not that it's any of your business scumbag, but I am not 15 years of age. This is the Collingwood appreciation thread, so if you have nothing positive to say about Collingwood, take it to the AFL thread where you can talk sh*t all you like. No joke, trying to carry out an intelligent conversation with you lot is like trying to reason with a pig.
Like shooting fish in a barrel...

Let's see, something positive about Collingwood....

Um...

Oh, I know!

Mick Malthouse is a great coach! With all the coaching shenanigans going on at the moment, surely Collingwood would be doing everything in their power to lock such a talent away as long as possi...

Oh...