Nsl crowds, bs?

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!

Do you think some grounds lie about attendances, in the nsl?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:12 pm

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes: 5

crazedfan
Bronze

Nsl crowds, bs?

Post by crazedfan »

I'm not sure about this, but the last wolfie away games i've been to, i have had a feeling that the crowds numbers have been made up. 3 examples are, sydney united, Olympic, and last week at parramatta.

3002 at s.u.s.c , it was probly around 1800,.

2233 AT OKI , hills were empty, and the stand was about half full. i'd say there was probly about 1500 turned up there.

2237 at parra last week, the ends were empty, 1 side was empty, and the other side was half full. My thoughts were 1500 there also.

Ive heard that some clubs count there members and sason ticket holders even if they dont turn up.

I understand its a sorry time for soccer in this league, and i dont want to push the level down even further, but with the new league coming, i dont want F lowe and co to go past the wolves because of crowd numbers.

peterss
Bronze

Post by peterss »

yes i agree that at some NSL games they do probably make the crowd seem smaller or bigger then what it actually was

at some of the glory games this seaosn i have thought they was probably around 11,000 but it turned out to omly be 9,000

but yes i agree

r3d_c01n
Bronze

Post by r3d_c01n »

yeh of coarse, i bet the nbl crowds even top the nsl.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Last edited by yob on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazedfan
Bronze

Post by crazedfan »

Yeah, seems abit like the wolves too, im sure we have got up in the 4000's,( i know its nothing compared with adelaide and perth.) but the crowd figure given 2's and 3's. I have been to a Wollongong game in south melbourne this year(CHRISTMAS PRESTENT- BEST EVER, and the wolves won 3-2) But the crowd given was 8000. It wasd probly on the spot, but sydney clubs, i have been to spirit, marconi,parramatta and olympic games V wolves this year, and they just seem fibed, and submitt about 1000-1500 more people than are actually there.

Havent been to adelaide and perth(dang) but they get fantastic crowds - by the looks of tv coverage.

Hopefull of going to Brisbane. :D