Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Last edited by yob on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

Good to hear. I went to last year's game vs. the Redbacks and I found that Telstra Stadium is really not bad as a cricket ground. Obviously is lacking the history etc of the SCG, but 25000 plus two years in a row for an ING Cup game is an excellent acheivement. That says to me that in 2005/06 NSW Cricket will have to think VERY hard about giving some one day international cricket to Western Sydney.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Last edited by yob on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

There was a Steve Waugh Factor
There was a Telstra Stadium Under Lights Factor
There was a huge 2 for 1 Ticket Offer factor
Of course, there was a Western Sydney Factor

All makes for a great night (except the score). Should be an annual fixture on the ING schedule. These crowds would no be sustainable IMO if EVERY NSW game was there. But one a year at Homebush Bay, one a year at NSO, etc makes for great crowds and taking the game to the people. Marvellous.

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

Jeffles wrote:There was a Steve Waugh Factor
There was a Telstra Stadium Under Lights Factor
There was a huge 2 for 1 Ticket Offer factor
Of course, there was a Western Sydney Factor

All makes for a great night (except the score). Should be an annual fixture on the ING schedule. These crowds would no be sustainable IMO if EVERY NSW game was there. But one a year at Homebush Bay, one a year at NSO, etc makes for great crowds and taking the game to the people. Marvellous.
Exactly right.

If Telstra ever gets one dayers (SCG should always have tests) it should only be one or two. The final of the triangular series and perhaps one extra.

Like for the Bulldogs and the Swans, Telstra would be best used as a special 'blockbuster' venue. This way the SCG remains relevent, Telstra retains some novelty and you don't get 15,000 crowds in an 80,000 seat stadium.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

That 2 for 1 ticket offer, was blanketed on to you when you got to the first day of the TEst match, I would think they wouldnt of got that much revenue. But still a great offer, Although the Steve Waugh factor has deffinately helped the WACA today.

WACA 6-186 and it looks like a One Day International Australia match in the public area. AN unbelievable responce.