Commonwealth Games better off due to Australian Football

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

gyfox wrote: it doesn't change the fact that what was provided was a purpose built athletics centre.
FFS .

A centre that was never used .

It was losing money because they still had to maintain it to some degree .

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

gyfox wrote:In WA the Government appears to have been blinded by the large flashing $1+B price tag. That is the price it seems for an iconic building for 65,000, whereas FFA are proposing a high quality 25,000+20,000 seat stadium for $250+M.
The $1billion price tag (old price) included $300 million for being multi purpose . The government should build an oval stadium for $700 million and a rectangular stadium for $250 million . I've saved $50 million .
We could save a further $250 million and play at the modern purpose built all seated 25k capacity stadium at Perry Lakes .

. :wink:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

A few weeks ago Nines you attacked me for saying the Government should build a billion dollar venue. Saying that Subiaco Oval is fine as it is in the current economic situation...

Now you have changed your mind in that very last post. But then you will say you didn't in the next post...

Is your debating style just to attack everything I say, hoping something will stick?

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Waiting patiently for Nines to admit he was wrong...just as I am waiting to see he was wrong about Glory considering moving to Eftel...

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Nines wrote:
They have built an athletics track with only a token stand .
A 10,000 capacity athletics ground has been built to replace Perry Lakes Stadium.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:A few weeks ago Nines you attacked me for saying the Government should build a billion dollar venue. Saying that Subiaco Oval is fine as it is in the current economic situation...
Listen closely grasshopper .

I will explain the difference between not now and as soon as we can afford it .

. :cry:

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

gyfox wrote:
Nines wrote:
A 10,000 capacity athletics ground has been built to replace Perry Lakes Stadium.
And that would be ...............

"an athelitcs track with only a token stand "

Is there an echo in cyber space ?

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Nines wrote:
gyfox wrote:The good burghers of Perth decided that they already had cricket and football stadia .
Please tell - what were these prize stadia that cricket and football possessed .

I hear tell the WACA people were quite happy with what they had at the time and Subiaco was plenty good enough for the crowds of the time. 10-12,000 for a club game 20,000+ for finals and was only tested for grand finals.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Nines wrote:
gyfox wrote:
Nines wrote:

Quite a substantial development in my terms.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Nines wrote:
gyfox wrote:In WA the Government appears to have been blinded by the large flashing $1+B price tag. That is the price it seems for an iconic building for 65,000, whereas FFA are proposing a high quality 25,000+20,000 seat stadium for $250+M.
The $1billion price tag (old price) included $300 million for being multi purpose . The government should build an oval stadium for $700 million and a rectangular stadium for $250 million . I've saved $50 million .
We could save a further $250 million and play at the modern purpose built all seated 25k capacity stadium at Perry Lakes .

. :wink:
$700M for a 65,000 seat stadium is very expensive. You should be able to build a multi purpose ground for that unless you are wanting to waste $300 so that you have an iconic stadium.

EDIT. Did the design really need to be able to able be a chameleon and change its colours from Weagles to Fremantle with a red and green version in between.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Nines wrote:
Egan wrote:A few weeks ago Nines you attacked me for saying the Government should build a billion dollar venue. Saying that Subiaco Oval is fine as it is in the current economic situation...
Listen closely grasshopper .

I will explain the difference between not now and as soon as we can afford it .

. :cry:
And if Queensland can afford to build a Gold Coast Stadium at the moment and we are spending 500 million plus on the Indoor Stadium.

Where is the evidence that we can not afford it?

You going to admit you were wrong about the Glory rumour?

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Nines wrote:
gyfox wrote: it doesn't change the fact that what was provided was a purpose built athletics centre.
FFS .

So the grand prix athletics meetings, club athletics meetings, state athletics championships and national championships are all a figment of some ones imagination. Athletics stadiums always lose money in Australia.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

gyfox wrote:
Nines wrote:
gyfox wrote:A 10,000 capacity athletics ground has been built to replace Perry Lakes Stadium.

Quite a substantial development in my terms.
You're easily pleased . It's a track.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Its a substantial development the whole AK Reserve development. Force training fields, Athletics, and more indoor stadia facilities.

Will hold World Athletics meets. Not simply just a track...

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

gyfox wrote:
Nines wrote:
FFS .

So the grand prix athletics meetings, club athletics meetings, state athletics championships and national championships are all a figment of some ones imagination.
Look the track was used .

That means just that .
I know it's hard to believe that a government would waste money like that .
I know that's it's hard to get through your rectangular anti AFL head .
The stands and seating were never really used .
The facilities were never really used .
Most of the buildings were completely empty .