Force abandons fans

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Egan
Platinum

Re: Force abandons fans

Post by Egan »

yob wrote:How much money does the WA government have Deags?
One of the only states to not go into defecit during the GFC

AAA Credit Rating

Increasing Royalty streams will be coming out of the Gorgon Project into the future. Its likely that the $1 billion dollar surpluses will come back as WA moves out of the GFC.

Even without it, the projects will come at the completion of Fiona Stanley and the Indoor Stadium. There will be room to spend money on the next major infrastructure project.

Eg 1 billion on Mandurah Railway

Once completed

1 billion on Fiona Stanley Hospital

Once completed

Stadium WA - (minor upgrade of MES to meet Super 14/A-League standards, enough media facilities, quality medical facilities) etc etc.

Many dispute it will cost 1 billion dollars.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

You don't know, do you.

You're like some munted sloth that rolls around and picks up opinions by osmosis, digests them and throws them up on a keyboard.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

yob wrote:You don't know, do you.

You're like some munted sloth that rolls around and picks up opinions by osmosis, digests them and throws them up on a keyboard.

What the hell are you talking about? I suggested to you that we have enough money to deliver stadium upgrades, just like Queensland are doing and they are in worse budgetary shape than we are.

Like I said move to WA if you think we have no money to build stadiums. The reality is very different and will be into the future.

You will quote actual costs, I will quote an absolute need for the construction of the stadiums.

At the end of the day we are not going to agree on the final outcome. The reality is that WA needs to upgrade the venues and people on their armchairs who never have to go to the venues in question can state economic cost benefits, more money coming into government coffers by other social costs.

But if the government wasn't populist, there are outcomes that could see the venue operating at more than a 2 million dollar profit a year.

Look at the annual statements of Westpac Stadium Trust. It declares revenues from car parks as critical to their bottom line, tenant payments. If the WA Government enacted a hard line stance and forced the WAFC to move into a new ground (which they can do via legislation) put the Force, all international matches at the venue. You would operate the venue on a profit like the Caketin...

Thus in the long run there is a return of cost to the taxpayer. Thus meeting your argument in regards to the cost benefit in delivering funds for stadium infrastructure.

Yob your voice will have more credit if you actually visit the venues and then say you think there is not an urgent need to upgrade the two sh*t holes. At the moment you are sprouting economic cost models (which you are allowed to do) but you haven't actually seen the neglect and the strong desire to upgrade.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

I'm also seeing no attack on people asking for a Parramatta Stadium upgrade in Sydney.

Consistent on your views of which cities should have an upgraded stadium or not yobbo?

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

:lol:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

I'm looking forward to you attacking the need for Parramatta Stadium to be upgraded, because I agree with you on that.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

AndrewM
Bronze

Post by AndrewM »

I am feeling very little love towards Saffer refs at the moment :(

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

yob wrote:Image

...---...

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Nines wrote:
yob wrote:Image

...---...

Is that egan about to self implode ?

Too late - he's done it already :lol:

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:I'm looking forward to you attacking the need for Parramatta Stadium to be upgraded, because I agree with you on that.
getting a little off topic aren't we ?

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Spot on

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Crowds are down down down.

AndrewM
Bronze

Post by AndrewM »

yet still better than the Rebels..

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

And still the richest Super 15 side in the comp? I looked at the 2010 turnover for all sporting clubs and force at 22 m was 5 m higher than the Reds. though the Reds revenue could have increased since then...