Fans abandon Force

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
AndrewM
Bronze

Re: Fans abandon Force

Post by AndrewM »

I've got my Members Card and Seat. Looking forward to Friday! Wonder what sort of reception Giteau will get? Personally I won't be too bothered - except if he plays like he did in the last half of last season - ie he actually earnt his money.

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

Only 6k to the trial game the other day at MES. Refer to title of topic.
Has anyone got photos of how the stadium is looking? When I've seen it during Glory games, it looks like they've just tacked bits and pieces on every place possible. Looks very temporary!

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

cam wrote:Only 6k to the trial game the other day at MES. Refer to title of topic.
Has anyone got photos of how the stadium is looking? When I've seen it during Glory games, it looks like they've just tacked bits and pieces on every place possible. Looks very temporary!
It is very temporary...Its been called an interim development to allow the Force to play.

Force have been abandoned by the press, sort have been impacted by the Glory getting into the finals. You can only buy standing room memberships (all the regular season membership seats have sold out).

Not a good pre-season crowd, but the novelty factor of one union game at a rectangular venue a year has gone.

AndrewM
Bronze

Post by AndrewM »

You can hardly expect a sell out crowd against the Reds. Last year, the corresponding scratch match agains the Crusaders was a sell out. There just doesn't seem to be that many Reds supporters in Perth. Looking at the back of the Force Season Guide, both Home and Away games against the Reds at Subi (2009 & 2007) were below the season average. Oh OK, you can say that the Reds have been s^&t the last few years but the Waratahs still manage to attract better crowds regardless of their form.

An interim addition to an interim stand..hmm. We'd better be careful, by the time a decision is made to actually build the 'real' stand it might be heritage listed!

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

AndrewM wrote:You can hardly expect a sell out crowd against the Reds. Last year, the corresponding scratch match agains the Crusaders was a sell out. There just doesn't seem to be that many Reds supporters in Perth. Looking at the back of the Force Season Guide, both Home and Away games against the Reds at Subi (2009 & 2007) were below the season average. Oh OK, you can say that the Reds have been s^&t the last few years but the Waratahs still manage to attract better crowds regardless of their form.

An interim addition to an interim stand..hmm. We'd better be careful, by the time a decision is made to actually build the 'real' stand it might be heritage listed!
The seats that say Glory are now 12 years old :lol:

Andrew, we should be happy they spent another 3 million dollars on the venue!

Lego FTW

A total of 9 million dollars now has been spent on ME Bank Stadium by the WA State Government. The other 6 million from the Town of Vincent...

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Andrew I have been organising a charter flight for the Force/Glory double next weekend if the Glory are playing. Email me at egan@austadiums.com and I will send you the request for money by Pay Pal...

Can deliver an invoice as well to all of this. Cost is $950 return...In Saturday and out Sunday...

AndrewM
Bronze

Post by AndrewM »

Interested, but I'll have to see how I go at Lotto tonight thanks Egan!

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

How are the fans liking the new stadium ?

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Nines wrote:How are the fans liking the new stadium ?

www.twf.com.au is your friend

- Crowds higher
- Rectangular format
- Not the sh*t hole

You can guess correctly that they are liking it more than the sh*t hole. But really, fans just put up with mediocre facilities in this state...

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Crowds aren't going to be higher for much longer. If they keep losing then MES will be far too big for them by the end of the season.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Rob wrote:Crowds aren't going to be higher for much longer. If they keep losing then MES will be far too big for them by the end of the season.
Yep and we will get the fear factor attached when initially people thought the club was going to average 6-7,000 after first year hype. But hey, averaging the same crowds as the Victory, more corporate support than the Victory.

But yep, destined to be shut down in the next few years. The Force are still a great franchise, regardless of whether their crowd collapses. 13-15,000 average this year I reckon though.

AndrewM
Bronze

Post by AndrewM »

Nines wrote:How are the fans liking the new stadium ?

Love it..in as much that it is better than Subi. For many I have spoken to it is a revelation. Many, like me, have only watched top flight rugby (S14 or internationals) at Perry Lakes , the WACA or Subi, so MES is 'an improvement'. I dream of watching from a 'real' stadium though..

AndrewM
Bronze

Post by AndrewM »

Egan wrote:Andrew I have been organising a charter flight for the Force/Glory double next weekend if the Glory are playing. Email me at egan@austadiums.com and I will send you the request for money by Pay Pal...

Can deliver an invoice as well to all of this. Cost is $950 return...In Saturday and out Sunday...
How did it go Egan - in spite of the scores not being to our advantage?

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Any reason why the attendance for Force games at ME Bank haven't been announced?

AndrewM
Bronze

Post by AndrewM »

For the last game I think it was because of the blackout just before the game - bar code scanners at the gates werent working so the attendants were just visually sighting tickets/cards and letting people in. 18,000+ was stated on the www.wtf.com.au site