Cricket is better off because of Australian Football

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:So can we move this debate on
If we all understand that you agree that cricket has benefited from the involvement of Australian Football .

All that is required is a simple yes or no .

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

No, because Australian Rules Football has benefited from cricket just as much.

Agree with that and i will move on...

Plus theres no point debating with someone who shifts the argument so many times, that he is already discredited.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote: theres no point debating with someone who shifts the argument so many times,.
Shifts the arguement ? Are you crazy ?
I started this thread that cricket has benefited from the involvement of Australian Football and you cannot agree .
It's a very simple statement , a very obvious statement and you cannot find it in youself to agree .There's no degree or comparison to worry about - so it's a straight forward question .

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Speak to vetran members of these clubs and most will say that AFL is a parrisite they would like to pull from their grounds, along with one day and 20/20 cricket.

Im getting so sick of these arguments

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

the crow wrote:Speak to vetran members of these clubs and most will say that AFL is a parrisite they would like to pull from their grounds, along with one day and 20/20 cricket.

So I take it you don't believe cricket has benefited from the involvment of Australian Football ?

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

FFS Nines, you don't need to labour the point.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Nines wrote:
the crow wrote:Speak to vetran members of these clubs and most will say that AFL is a parrisite they would like to pull from their grounds, along with one day and 20/20 cricket.

So I take it you don't believe cricket has benefited from the involvment of Australian Football ?
He's not making that point. The point is more about narrow minded people with complexes about their sport.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Rob wrote:FFS Nines, you don't need to labour the point.
Sorry but that was the whole point so to speak .

Certain people can't agree to a simple point because that would mean that they had shown a positive side of Australian Football .

:oops:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Nines wrote:
Shifts the arguement ? Are you crazy ?
I started this thread that cricket has benefited from the involvement of Australian Football and you cannot agree .
It's a very simple statement , a very obvious statement and you cannot find it in youself to agree .There's no degree or comparison to worry about - so it's a straight forward question .

This whole thread is a continuation from the Western Sydney thread when I refused to state that without Australian Rules Football the WACA, SACA and the MCG would not be like they are today.

Now you are altering your argument to try and credit that Australian Rules Football has helped out cricket more than the other way round.

I suggest you read histories that allowed Australian Rules football onto these cricket grounds that allowed the sport to flourish. But, I doubt you will...

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Egan wrote:Now you are altering your argument to try and credit that Australian Rules Football has helped out cricket more than the other way round...
The only altering I have down is to simplify the statement to it's most basic unambiguous "cricket has benefited from the involvement of Australian Football " .

deejaybee
Silver

Post by deejaybee »

That's pretty ambiguous to me.

While there's no doubt that it has, its not definite, nor is it one-way.

That's my opinion, and Egan has stated his.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

deejaybee wrote:That's pretty ambiguous to me.

While there's no doubt that it has, its not definite, nor is it one-way.
Hello ??????????
While there's no doubt that it has(benefited)

i.e. In your eyes there is no doubt, not any, that cricket has benefited from the involvement of Australian Football .

But wait there's more !

It's not definite ? Please explain .

There is no doubt that I'm definitely confused by that statement .

:?

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

well you shouldn't be - what DJB is saying is obvious to everyone else

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Simmo79 wrote:well you shouldn't be - what DJB is saying is obvious to everyone else
So obviously he's saying that there is no doubt football has benefited from the involvement of Australian Football .

So I take it that he's saying the measure of how much cricket has benefited from the involvement of Australian Football is not definite .

If that is the case ,then that requires acceptance of the first point .
which a few people seemingly disagree with .

:oops:

deejaybee
Silver

Post by deejaybee »

Mate, what you are referring to? The quality of the grounds, the winter tenants, the inception of Aussie-Rules as a way to keep cricketers fit during winter, or the actual game of cricket???

That's the ambiguous part.

Also, if you read up on some history, you will find that in the early days of Australian Football, they were playing on whatever unused cricket grounds they could find (eg: East Melb. Cricket ground). They had to fight to get to play on the cricket pitches of the MCG and other grounds around Australia.
That's what I think that Egan is referring to.

Australian Football itself has benefited from input from many other sports.