Channel Ten to Launch 24 Hour Sports Channel

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Nines wrote:Unless there is something specific you want to watch regularly why would you fork out all that money for pay TV .

Well bloody hell geez I wonder Nines, do people have foxtel because there's programmes exclusive to the service they want to watch?

Quick, get Inspector Rex on to the case and find out!!!

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I saw an ad for that last night with Ray Warren.

"Do you want to watch sport for free like you've always done?" Ummm, you mean Sunday Rugby League on delay, netball on delay, cutting short the cricket to go to the news, cutting short the tennis to go to the news, NBL highlights on Sunday mornings only and domestic soccer highlights only. No thanks!

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Said it in one Jeff. With Fox Sports 1,2 and 3 plus ESPN and Setanta
the only times I ever need to watch FTA sport is to catch the live broadcasts of the NRL finals.

FTA treats all of its programming badly, not just sport, so Foxtel gets my money.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Jeffles wrote:
I saw an ad for that last night with Ray Warren.

"Do you want to watch sport for free like you've always done?" Ummm, you mean Sunday Rugby League on delay, netball on delay, cutting short the cricket to go to the news, cutting short the tennis to go to the news, NBL highlights on Sunday mornings only and domestic soccer highlights only. No thanks!
I used to watch the NSL replay late Sunday nights on SBS when I was about 10 years old. Absolute farken zombie at school the next morning.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

I was a fan of the NFL in the 90s. That meant wither staying up till way after midnight on Tuesdays on the ABC or taping the games and watching them on Wednesdays.

Pay TV is better.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

And the woman on the 'keep sport free' ad looks like a dropped pie. I'm not one for makeup, but I make an exception in this case - cover those f***ing eye sockets up with something.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Canwest has just dumped its 50% stake in Ten.

Nines
Silver

Post by Nines »

Simmo79 wrote:I was a fan of the NFL in the 90s. That meant wither staying up till way after midnight on Tuesdays on the ABC or taping the games and watching them on Wednesdays.
I used to watch it as I was a shift worker .
Simmo79 wrote:Pay TV is better.
Pay TV is better for you .
The times that it has been available to me I haven't found anything except the occassional documentary .
Luckily (for me) all my sports are on FTA and I don't demand them live .
Now with more multi-channels coming on line with more of the stuff that Fox runs there is absolutely no need to waste money on it .
Besides - I prefer to watch sports live than on the small scene .
I'd like to see the GAA but Pay TV doesn't carry that .

deejaybee
Silver

Post by deejaybee »

Formula One, V8 Supercars, DTM, Le Mans and Daytona 24hr, ALMS, FIA GT, NASCAR Nationwide series, ANDRA...All on FTA :D

All I need is Super GT and IRL and I will cream myself 8)

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Nines wrote:
Simmo79 wrote:I was a fan of the NFL in the 90s. I'd like to see the GAA but Pay TV doesn't carry that .

I've seen a few games on Setanta before.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I'm told One HD put the 4th Netball Test between Australia and NZ on delay. Wasn't live sport not interfering with normal programming one of the reasons the free networks pushed for these extra channels? Muppets.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

SPORTS SOUP IS COOL