WA vs Victoria, what a game

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!

Do you want state of Origin back in the AFL

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7

Egan
Platinum

WA vs Victoria, what a game

Post by Egan »

Now wouldn't all footy fans want to watch state of origin between the two premier states in the AFL. ( I can say that since theres only one south australian and about seven west aussies )

The Game would be superb Black, Cousins, Bell, Medhurst, Phil Matera, Fletcher, Kerr, Gardiner With dashing players like Woods, Hayden, and the ever reliable Mcintosh. Hasleby included, it would be a fantastic site to see all the West Aussies in action. With the whole squad in the Big Black Swan the pride for those players, the emotion, the privelige of playing for W.A, would be imense.

If only ................

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

I'd prefer a Victoria v South Australia match. There seems to be more tradition between the two states.

What do you guys think of the bye weekend? I like it. As you know I like other sports, union, league etc. So it's giving the others a go. A sell-out tomorrow night for the Union at Telstra Dome, and hopefully a big crowd at Olympic Park on Sunday for the League.

But I agree with Egan that some sort of AFL game has to be played - Origin, two all-stars teams against each other, or they could play a international rules match.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Last edited by yob on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marcus
Bronze

Post by marcus »

Last edited by marcus on Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

The rivalry between W.A and Victoria was before South Australia v Victoria according to the experts.

S.A took over the rivalry, since we have not played them for an internity. The first AFL match and first time at Subi was between the Allies and Western Australia, I was excited although the passion was not at the same level as probably a match between either of the other two footy states.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I wouldn't mind seeing it back. But with so many states, it would be difficult to work out. I think the Allies concept is good while the RL states still lag in terms of player strength. I also think they should rotate clashes so that it isn't SA v VIC and WA v Allies every year.