RL Tri nations Stadiums

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Its not bland...hmm it wouldnt have been copied all over britain...eg most Football and Rugby clubs still play at their traditional home.

Ok 40,000 is a distinct possibility then.

Nice ground...good to know Reeboks the original though :wink:

james_
Silver

Post by james_ »

Forget the "Reebok Stadium is a bland 'McStadium' just like the rest of them" comment...

I think 'McStadium' refers to Galpharm Stadium (formerly McAlpine Stadium).

McAlpine Stadium was opened in 1995 - two years before your beloved Reebok Stadium. :wink:

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I can't see the similarity between Bolton and the KFC. Bolton looks more like Huddersfield (which was built earlier than Reebok).

I'm with James on this one.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Agree to Disagree...Im not in the mood to argue my point...it doesnt get me anywhere anyway...As soon as I saw the pictures of the grandstand it instantly looked like Bolton's Reebok Stadium

But obviously my eyes are delusional as well as my brain :wink:

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

The new Hull ground is a world away from the old Boothferry Park and I guess The Boulevard (Hull RLFC) ground.

footnote: the location of the Kingston Communications Stadium is built upon the site of both The Circle (Hull CC) and Anlaby Road, two facilities used as home grounds for Hull City AFC prior to their move to Boothferry early last century.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Boothferry Park (also on the Duncan Adams site) was the venue of the First RL Test of 1982. The Aussies thrashed the Poms. It was seen by many as the beginning of the wonderful era for the Roos. The Poms accepted defeat. They got it all wrong. They realised they had fallen behind. It's only now they are catching up.

The Boulevard still stands. Both Hull FC and Hull City use it for youth team clashes.