English Rugby League Grounds

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Salford are safe I think.

Leigh will go down and so will Widnes (thank God).

sandyhill
Gold
Location: Just across the road from Australia's largest stadium

Post by sandyhill »

Jeffles wrote:
reece wrote:I think it looks a bit bigger then just 20,000 :shock:
It's really imbalanced. But when you think that half the ground is going to be one tier (look at the last image) it could pass for a 20,000 seat ground. That is, 16,000 people on one side and 4000 on the other.
Haven't been in this thread before on the basis I wouldn't be all that interested in the contents. Got a bit of spare time today so I did - Found out I was wrong again! Really liked Simmo79's excellent scholarly dissertation.

As for the stadium - Like Jeffles said, its very much one sided. But also, from the interior drawing, it looks like only the lower section of the 'big' side is for regular seating. The middle and upper sections appears to be all corporate boxes and probably bars and restaurants. These take up much room but, of course, proportionally far less in actual capacity. Thus, like many very modern stadiums, it capacity isn't designed to be all that large - despite the apparent size of the stands.

britishspud
Silver

Post by britishspud »

britishspud wrote: Image

the boxes inbetween the first and second tiers are corparate boxes,the boxes above that are hotel rooms i think

sandyhill
Gold
Location: Just across the road from Australia's largest stadium

Post by sandyhill »

Hotel rooms! Thanks for that info, Britishspud. Come to think of it, that IS what it looks like - hotel balconies. Soon, I s'pose no new stadium should be without them.

upbonk
Bronze

Post by upbonk »

Jeffles wrote:Salford are safe I think.

Leigh will go down and so will Widnes (thank God).
Sure. I know more about who'll win the group 10 grand final. Ok, I'm fibbing, almost. :oops: Sorry Jeffs....... :cry:

Jeffles
Platinum

Re: English Rugby League Grounds

Post by Jeffles »

BUMP!

Didn't know where to add this. Widnes have installed Desso iDNA at their home ground Halton Stadium, which also hosts Everton Reserves. Usually, the Grassmaster product gets the gig for rugby codes. I think the iDNA type is different to Grassmaster, which is more commonly used.

http://stobartstadiumhalton.org.uk/index.php/i-pitch/