Something to remind us about Sydney

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I will add baseball to that list as well.

stadiumking
Gold

Post by stadiumking »

and the list goes on....but we cant change it, and regardless of it all, it is still great to watch the sports and people and support the aussies

swede
Bronze

Post by swede »

Completly agree with Jeffles. If its not the pinnacle, it should not be in the olympics. Football and tennis should go.

Several other ball games do also not seem very olympic to me but could claim that it was their international highlight. This would be sports like basketball, handball,volleyball.
Instead of ditching them I would send them off to the winter games. There is much more room for them there and they are essentially all indoor winter sports like ice hockey even though they are not played on a cold surface.
This would make the summer games much more manageable.

Also the schedule needs to be looked at.
I have watched next to no olympics until yesterday where the womens 100m final was staged, but then that was the only major event. It seems to be pretty much an ongoing all-day blur to all but the keenest fans. I would like to see, say, a 2-hour period every day packed with the main olympic events.

The olympics should pretty much be about all those sports that are too boring to get much attention on a regular basis comming together to create a big event with the drama that comes from the fact that this is the highlight of their careers.

aikinn
Bronze

Post by aikinn »

Here is a point of view from Greece. I think that baseball, softball, hockey, badmintonand table tennis shouldn't be at Olympics. Adding and tennis, football because these 2 tournaments are very low in quality, and one of modern pentathlon and triathlon, because what ?-athlon is next. One i believe is enought. And generaly I think that if more sports will added, then the quality of games will not be as good as now. And it's not good and for the spectators.

r3d_c01n
Bronze

Post by r3d_c01n »

taekwondo. what a crap sport, do they actually just train to jump around instead of do any action. I thought this sport had the punches, all they seem to do is just jump or 10% of the times, kick each other.