Cross section- ANZ Stadium v MCG v SCG

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Egan wrote:Sydneysiders dreaming of turning Homebush into a purpose built rectangular venue is pointless.

I laugh at all the energy that is continually put into this 'dream'...
When it comes to bidding for the World Cup Egan, if you want to have a chance at winning the bid you have to have the stadiums. To get the stadiums you have to spend the money. Other countries are committing billions in stadia infrastructure upgrades should they win the bid. We have to too. For us to have a chance either the MCG gets a complete rebuild of the lower bowl so that it can morph into a rectangular format and/or Stadium Australia has to be changed to a rectangular stadium. $300M to change Stadium Australia or similar to modify the lower bowl of the MCG are what will have to be spent.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

all up i would say somewhere between 1.5-2bn to get it all done ready to go...thats in todays $$$$ not down the track..and thats just stadiums, not any infrastructure required to get the opperations / transport side of it working.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

Egan wrote:Sydneysiders dreaming of turning Homebush into a purpose built rectangular venue is pointless.

what energy? i've posted a couple of times that it could be done and it would have benefits, but other than that there's been very little.

you on the other hand are posting all sorts of crazy sh*t about linking a world cup bid to homelessness and daily putting up ridiculous posts deathriding the whole thing based on what you think is true in south australia and perth. but then you fell for the balfour's frog cake stadium, so WTF do you know?

RobertHeatleyStand
Silver

Post by RobertHeatleyStand »

Jeffles wrote:

You are right that it won't happen. The venue bleeds money and cannot afford it. The time for this to happen was after the Olympics. The venue/state government thought going multi-purpose was the way to go. With what we've seen of the last decade, it was probably the wrong choice.
Apart from the large AFL cash contributions at the time to secure it's oval configuration, I also seem to recall ANZ stadium wanting to host ODI's.

Will this ever happen?

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

RobertHeatleyStand wrote: Apart from the large AFL cash contributions at the time to secure it's oval configuration, I also seem to recall ANZ stadium wanting to host ODI's.

Will this ever happen?
How much of the $80M that the mods cost did the AFL pay?

RobertHeatleyStand
Silver

Post by RobertHeatleyStand »

gyfox wrote:
RobertHeatleyStand wrote: Apart from the large AFL cash contributions at the time to secure it's oval configuration, I also seem to recall ANZ stadium wanting to host ODI's.

Will this ever happen?
How much of the $80M that the mods cost did the AFL pay?
I know the AFL have paid at least $30mil (could be more) with some of that pre construction.

I'll try and find more details...

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

dibo wrote: you on the other hand are posting all sorts of crazy sh*t about linking a world cup bid to homelessness and daily putting up ridiculous posts deathriding the whole thing based on what you think is true in south australia and perth. but then you fell for the balfour's frog cake stadium, so WTF do you know?
:roll:

Someone is going into spin overdrive. Personal opinion, should not be taken or quoted as truth. Was I aiming it at you? This has been raised by more than just you over the last 6-7 years on this forum. The redevelopment was done, its not going to change.

However after talking to a friend who works with a Minister in the WA Government, the Government has decided to spend the least amount of money possible on Subiaco Oval and they are not going to be spending any money on a rectangular venue into the future...

Also death riding the bid? Again completely inaccurate, a load of spin.

I said I hope they do prove me wrong, but I can't see Adelaide or Perth getting a World cup venue unless the Feds build it. You want me to not say what I feel. Of course I can be wrong, of course I can be right. I have been right about many things, wrong about others. Simply discussing the world cup away from the spin of some supporters who believe everything is going nicely and we should just wait till we here something good...say nothing bad.

Balfour Frog Cake Stadium, was something posted on a news website on April Fools Day. They are there to fool people, if it discredits me, don't listen to what I say. Seriously dibo you seem to take what I say way too seriously, I simply offer my opinions and others can agree or disagree. There are others on this forum with serious concerns of our World Cup bid.

I continue to ask, how much does Rudd want this World Cup?

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Egan wrote: Someone is going into spin overdrive. Personal opinion, should not be taken or quoted as truth. Was I aiming it at you? This has been raised by more than just you over the last 6-7 years on this forum. The redevelopment was done, its not going to change.
I ask the question, were facilities provided in Sydney for the 1938 Empire Games, was the MCG upgraded for the 1956 Olympics, was a stadium built in Perth for the 1962 Empire games, was a stadium built in Brisbane for the 1982 Commonwealth games, was a stadium built in Sydney for the 2000 Olympics, was the MCG temporarily modified for the 2006 Commonwealth Games? Why do you think that Australia won't rise to the challenge of providing suitable venues for the World Cup and why specifically do you think that a relatively cheap upgrade to Stadium Australia isn't possible when what we are talking about is hosting an event that is bigger than all the international competitions I have mentioned combined?

However after talking to a friend who works with a Minister in the WA Government, the Government has decided to spend the least amount of money possible on Subiaco Oval and they are not going to be spending any money on a rectangular venue into the future...
This of course is the reliable source that doesn't even know that Australia is bidding for the World Cup

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Can someone please teach gyfox to quote?

Alright I'll do it.
Nines and nobleoz love this
That's rubbish.
gyfox and Egan are the same people
You're wrong. Epic Fail.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

hot_dogma wrote:Can someone please teach gyfox to quote?

Alright I'll do it.
Nines and nobleoz love this
That's rubbish.
gyfox and Egan are the same people
You're wrong. Epic Fail.
Us old blokes have trouble with technology. :)

Anthony G
Silver

Post by Anthony G »

Any chance of getting cross section comparisons between Suncorp Stadium and ANZ stadium?? Id love to see the difference is both side and end stands to see where the extra 30k seats fit in.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Anthony G wrote:Any chance of getting cross section comparisons between Suncorp Stadium and ANZ stadium?? Id love to see the difference is both side and end stands to see where the extra 30k seats fit in.
Suncorp is 82m wide from memory and ANZ is 90m in football mode. ANZ is also longer. I haven't got X Sections but I could work out the infield area which is a pretty good comparison. It will also be good to compare Suncorp and Emirates for that too.

weatherhead
Bronze

Re: Cross section- Telstra Stadium v MCG v SCG

Post by weatherhead »

Does anyone have the original files to this thread? I would be interested to see..

Dan
Silver

Post by Dan »

weatherhead wrote:Does anyone have the original files to this thread? I would be interested to see..
Fixed

weatherhead
Bronze

Post by weatherhead »

Ripper - ta.

I love looking at the cross sectionals of the stadiums. I note that the 'new' Perth Stadium trumpets that it will deliver closer to the pitch experience than ANZ Stadium or Docklands. Praps it is time for a dedicaed cross sectionals comparison thread.