Moore Park Master Plan

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
yob
Platinum

Re: Moore Park Master Plan

Post by yob »

And on the baseball, big brawl, otherwise total waste of time.

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Holy crap, have you guys seen the prices? It's $259 for a moderate seat, and unless you want to sit way back in the outfield it's a minimum $189. Who dafuq would pay that? It's like $50 for a decent ticket to most games in America.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Rob wrote:Holy crap, have you guys seen the prices? It's $259 for a moderate seat, and unless you want to sit way back in the outfield it's a minimum $189. Who dafuq would pay that? It's like $50 for a decent ticket to most games in America.
+$2,000 in airfares if you're an Australian that wants to see Major League baseball. There is value there, it's just hard to see with the $250 in the way.

What can you say? We all know the type. They just like baseball. Really like it. Rare but you find these people.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

I know some who have paid - it's the rarity of the event

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Simmo79 wrote:I know some who have paid - it's the rarity of the event
How long before the realise why they've never been to an ABL game and they feel like they just got reamed by a Nigerian scammer? It's like charging Americans $400 to watch a day of an Ashes test.

Orel Puppington
Bronze
Location: Waiting for St. George to play more than one game in Melbourne

Post by Orel Puppington »

yob wrote: Not directly at you, but in passing there's a lot of comparison going on between the SCG and AO redevelopments. One thing I will say in the SCG's defence - you don't spend half your time in Adelaide trying to cut through sand stone.

That said, the SCG trust is inviting criticism by slapping on such ridiculous deadlines.
And the NSW government setting deadlines on everything

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

It's a sh*t that the ABL is out in frickin Blacktown and not at the showground. I reckon they'd challenge GWS's crowds.

fishing