Egate Stadium (never built)

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
Rob
Gold

Re: Egate Stadium (never built)

Post by Rob »

gyfox wrote: The work at NIB included 2k new seats at the northern end, removal of temporary stands and replacement with 3k new stand at the southern end and 10k new stand on the eastern side. Thats 15k seats which was originally budgeted as $82.5m but was upgraded to $95.4m with the inclusion of extra work which I recall was in the corporate area. At $82.5m its $5.5k a seat and at $95.4m its $6.4k a seat.
I'm astounded that new stand on the outer wing seats 10k, I would have thought 7k max, maybe 10k tops all up. What new seats are there at the Northern end? Didn't think that had been touched, it might be in the next stage of redevelopment (which AFAIK has no schedule).

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Rob wrote:
gyfox wrote: The work at NIB included 2k new seats at the northern end, removal of temporary stands and replacement with 3k new stand at the southern end and 10k new stand on the eastern side. Thats 15k seats which was originally budgeted as $82.5m but was upgraded to $95.4m with the inclusion of extra work which I recall was in the corporate area. At $82.5m its $5.5k a seat and at $95.4m its $6.4k a seat.
I'm astounded that new stand on the outer wing seats 10k, I would have thought 7k max, maybe 10k tops all up. What new seats are there at the Northern end? Didn't think that had been touched, it might be in the next stage of redevelopment (which AFAIK has no schedule).
I got the capacities from the DA submitted to the City Of Vincent for approval. 9,975 for the Eastern Stand to be exact. South stand is 3,447. They were to replace the north standing terrace as part of Stage 1 with 2,097 seats. It may have been held over until after this season finishes or it may have been deleted. The costs for the stadium include the new lighting, new pitch drainage and pitch and new video board. When they redid Blundstone those works cost $6-$7m.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

No news, don't panic.

The egate site has been sold for resi/commercial subdivision. It's big and valuable enough that a masterplan may involve a sports ground of some description. The AFL has a history of farming in to such a development later on in the game (Docklands). Never say never.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/new-c ... zqz8c.html