SCG Northern Stand

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Re: SCG Northern Stand

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

RobertHeatleyStand wrote:
Adelaide_United_Red wrote:Somebody needs to call Northrop Grumman, it appears that the USAF have parked an unfinished B-2 Bomber on top of the SCG's new grandstand. lol
George Jetson's landing pad maybe lol

Not sure I like the way this stand seems to dominate or overpower the rest of the stadium... have to see it in person.
I have the same thoughts, but I'm also prepared to wait until I see it in person before I render my final judgement.

St James
Bronze

Post by St James »

I love it. It's different and keeps the SCG interesting. Unlike the sterile MCG.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

I sat in it for the first two days of the Test. While it's a LONG way from being finished, it's a massive improvement on the old Noble and Bradman Stands. Great sightlines, and the amenities are top notch out the back.

My guess is there's a couple of months at least yet to finish everything off. The roof is the obvious part, but most ceilings are still to be installed, lots of walls, etc.

The Bill O'Reilly Stand is REALLY showing its age now. Hopefully they'll find the money to knock it down and continue the Trumper Stand around to the video scoreboard.

Scott
Bronze

Post by Scott »

Adelaide_United_Red wrote:
RobertHeatleyStand wrote:
Adelaide_United_Red wrote:Somebody needs to call Northrop Grumman, it appears that the USAF have parked an unfinished B-2 Bomber on top of the SCG's new grandstand. lol
George Jetson's landing pad maybe lol

Not sure I like the way this stand seems to dominate or overpower the rest of the stadium... have to see it in person.
I have the same thoughts, but I'm also prepared to wait until I see it in person before I render my final judgement.
Looking from the Brewongle yesterday, I don't think it overpowers the rest. Yes, it's big, but as it's effectively two sections and the roof is not all encompassing, it diminishes the impact. The downside of this is I expect it'll pretty miserable and cold up there in mid winter if it's raining and the wind is blowing.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

I actually don't think you'll get wet - the overhang of the roof is quite a lot. Both at the front and the back. But if there's a southerly blowing it will get cold. Not that anything short of a completely enclosed stadium will protect from that!

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Name a roof (not entirely enclosed) that actually keeps you dry though. Not many, if any. Nothing can stop drizzle as it moves 5 different directions, including upwards, before hitting you in the face sideways. Roofs are more about sun protection than anything. Solar access plains can be designed around. Rain... don't even bother.

Waz
Silver

Post by Waz »

Was *always* dry in my seat at football park. Members section 508, just behind the vomitry.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

US commentators are quite taken with the Ladies and Members stands

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

It was a dull evening for cricket....I mean baseball...sat in the members stand for the game...2foot hotdog is $40....didn't mention that in the papers.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

really?? Did it have truffle shavings on top or something?

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

You were paying for the authentic experience of being ripped off