SCG Northern Stand

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
Timbo
Silver

Re: SCG Northern Stand

Post by Timbo »

Boba Fett wrote:I don't really care whether something is new or old. All I really want is for my sport viewing at the SCG to not be impeded by pillars. If you're an SCG member, the Members and (particularly) the Ladies stands are in prime position, but they provide the worst spectator experience in the ground.
Except that's nonsense. The best view in the members section was always from the MA Noble stand, but the members always filled up first.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Boba Fett wrote:I don't really care whether something is new or old. All I really want is for my sport viewing at the SCG to not be impeded by pillars. If you're an SCG member, the Members and (particularly) the Ladies stands are in prime position, but they provide the worst spectator experience in the ground.
Rubbish. Kurt Tippet provides the worst spectator experience in the ground.

Orel Puppington
Bronze
Location: Waiting for St. George to play more than one game in Melbourne

Post by Orel Puppington »

yob wrote:Rubbish. Kurt Tippet provides the worst spectator experience in the ground.
I thought it was the O'Reilly stand

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Nah it was the seats behind light tower 6 at the old Noble stand.....I mean why would you do that?

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Timbo wrote:
Except that's nonsense. The best view in the members section was always from the MA Noble stand, but the members always filled up first.
I'm talking about football. So you're incorrect - its the Ladies Stand that fills up first, then the Members. Noble is often not filled.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Umm mm...... What does the C in SCG stand for again?....

But seriously the option of repositioning the ladies and members stand has been looked at there is little value in it other than raising them slightly to improve sight lines. But as soon as you significantly touch either one, you need to put in lifts, upgrade fire safety and egress...etc, only mucho cost for little return. Generally the members stand during cricket are for the "long term" members (read old,) as they are less of a risk around the players. Ladies stand just needs better food offerings, and bathrooms.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

the crow wrote:Umm mm...... What does the C in SCG stand for again?....
It stands for Cricket can't pay for it.

Adelaide Oval - paid for by aussie rules.
MCG - paid for by aussie rules.
BCG - paid for by government for olympic soccer tournament.
WACA - paid for by cricket, and stone arsed fukn broke.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

So the new stand is open (if not quite finished) for the cricket.

Given that outside Ashes tours, the Swans are what will fill the ground more reliably than anything, and the venue is now big enough that it could hold all bar 8 of the Swans' biggest ever home-and-away crowds, can they do away with Homebush?

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

48 k is a good number for the Swans.

Timbo
Silver

Post by Timbo »

Yob did Richie Benaud murder your parents or something? This is the third thread I've seen when you've gone on an anti-cricket rant.

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

Somebody needs to call Northrop Grumman, it appears that the USAF have parked an unfinished B-2 Bomber on top of the SCG's new grandstand. lol

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Timbo wrote:Yob did Richie Benaud murder your parents or something? This is the third thread I've seen when you've gone on an anti-cricket rant.
Played cricket in high school. Quote comfortably the most racist sport I ever played.

Timbo
Silver

Post by Timbo »

I played union in a competition full of bigots and you don't see me ranting about rectangular grounds?

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

yob wrote:
Timbo wrote:Yob did Richie Benaud murder your parents or something? This is the third thread I've seen when you've gone on an anti-cricket rant.
Played cricket in high school. Quote comfortably the most racist sport I ever played.

As long as your comfortable with it

Two things I hate, racism and the English. :wink:

RobertHeatleyStand
Silver

Post by RobertHeatleyStand »

Adelaide_United_Red wrote:Somebody needs to call Northrop Grumman, it appears that the USAF have parked an unfinished B-2 Bomber on top of the SCG's new grandstand. lol
George Jetson's landing pad maybe lol

Not sure I like the way this stand seems to dominate or overpower the rest of the stadium... have to see it in person.