SCG Northern Stand

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
gyfox
Platinum

Re: SCG Northern Stand

Post by gyfox »

yob wrote:
gyfox wrote: The rules of Rugby Union recommend a 5 metre run off distance all around the pitch and an in-goal of between 10 and 22m so the 136m is a compromise somewhere in the middle.
If the running fat people need 22m to stop then maybe they should lose some f***ing weight.
They only require 5m to stop. The 22m is to increase the opportunity to score a try from a kick through. I'm not sure how many venues use the maximum but I reckon their wouldn't be many.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

the crow wrote:SFS won't reduce in length as it complies with FIFA & IRB outdoor warmup requirements.
How is it that Lang Park was set for only 136?

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Fat arse park in Twickenham is only 125m.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

yob wrote:Fat arse park in Twickenham is only 125m.
136m on Google Earth.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Murrayfield. That's got to be close to 150

weatherhead
Bronze

Post by weatherhead »

Video of the SCG Trust Masterplan. A long time in the making. Some good ideas and some bad ones. Worth watching...

http://youtu.be/ze6QHXjhvRA

Dann

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

A reduction of 2 football fields and addition of 2 aussie rules fields in Moore Park West is a shocker - football here is both under-catered and growing, especially at senior level (the age group that most often uses those fields) while aussie rules is steady and already probably over-catered.

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

Simmo79 wrote:Murrayfield. That's got to be close to 150
140 grass, plus track around the outside. I've sat in 5 different areas of Murrayfield, high / low, side / end. Never had a complaint about distance from the action.
I have at Twickenham though, but that may have been more about the extortionate price I had to pay to be so far away.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

gyfox wrote:
136m on Google Earth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twickenham_Stadium

The Jenny Craig wikipedia page says 125. I guess there's 5m either end to allow for shitter viewing, and a camera guy.

I like the masterplan for Moore Park. The roof for the SFS is great value. High utility, and summer codes will probably benefit the most - the nature of the weather beast in the north east. What is unclear from the video is if they plan to redevelop the goal ends with the additional tiers being better integrated, or if the current lego stands have just been sexed up for the video.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

yob wrote:
gyfox wrote:
136m on Google Earth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twickenham_Stadium

The Jenny Craig wikipedia page says 125. I guess there's 5m either end to allow for shitter viewing, and a camera guy.

I like the masterplan for Moore Park. The roof for the SFS is great value. High utility, and summer codes will probably benefit the most - the nature of the weather beast in the north east. What is unclear from the video is if they plan to redevelop the goal ends with the additional tiers being better integrated, or if the current lego stands have just been sexed up for the video.
The grass pitch is 125m but fence to fence its 136m

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

dibo wrote:A reduction of 2 football fields and addition of 2 aussie rules fields in Moore Park West is a shocker - football here is both under-catered and growing, especially at senior level (the age group that most often uses those fields) while aussie rules is steady and already probably over-catered.
The afl will probably put in tuppence alleviating costs for the govt to get this through despite your assertion that football is under resourced being true.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Get to lobbying Dibo. This should be a priority for Football NSW. And the FFA, which is headquartered in your district as well. If they can't affect major ground allocations right under their own bloody noses then I don't know what to say about them.

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

weatherhead wrote:Video of the SCG Trust Masterplan. A long time in the making. Some good ideas and some bad ones. Worth watching...

http://youtu.be/ze6QHXjhvRA

Dann
very interesting video, what odds of it going ahead? given I thought NSW was broke-arse poor right now. List of things more useful than the roof on the SFS for those in the lower bowl:
screen door on a Submarine,
ejection seats on a helicopter etc.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

The new Northern Stand will be a good place to watch the Dodgers/Diamondbacks MLB game next year. Nice coup for the SCG.

http://sydneycricketground.com.au/lates ... gbaseball/

Although I'm not sure how the Swans will feel about the state of the ground after this event happens. Hopefully there will be enough time for it to recover before the start of the AFL season.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Great article if you're interested in how much baseball players get paid. Oh and there's a baseball game on.