Old VFL Ground Pics

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
simong
Bronze

Old VFL Ground Pics

Post by simong »

Hi,

I am new to this forum and am wondering whether anyone has any photos of some old VFL football grounds?

In particular, i am looking for old photos of the Junction Oval (before the old stands were demolished), the Lake Oval, Arden Street, Glenferrie Oval and Windy Hill when they were in their prime. I have gone through the old topics on the site and found some great photos, but not many relating to the above,

Thanks in advance.

Jeffles
Platinum

Re: Old VFL Ground Pics

Post by Jeffles »

Hi Simong

You can try trawling this forum for threads with links or go to the ground pages themselves on this website.

A lot of clubs have unofficial history websites. Carlton's is very thorough. They have pics too.

simong
Bronze

Post by simong »

Thanks Jeffles,

I am really looking for photos of these grounds when they were used for VFL football. There are a lot of great photos taken of them since that time on this forum and on the website, but I am hoping some people have some photos from say the mid 80s or earlier of these grounds, when they were all still in tact so to say.

A long shot I know!

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

God I'm glad I didn't get Simong as my nickname

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Or Simone.

stadiumking
Gold

Post by stadiumking »

Old books are often good places to look..... the AFL's 1996 centenary history summary book of every season is a good'un

Laz
Bronze

Post by Laz »

In the gallery section of Victoria park.net.au has pics going as far back as 1887 and what the future plans for the ground are aswell.

simong
Bronze

Post by simong »

I came across a new website featuring photos taken by Charles Boyles http://www.boylesfootballphotos.net.au/tiki-index.php

He took photos in the old days of vfl footballers with most standing in fronts of the grandstands of their home grounds. Some good photos in there.

Also on the site came across these photos from the 1930s of the Junction Oval and Lakeside Oval.....

Some great aerial shots of a time (and grounds) long forgotten....would anyone know where to find similar sorts of photos of the other old VFL grounds?