Hindmarsh Stadium, Pre-2000 Sydney Olympics configuration

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
dibo
Gold

Re: Hindmarsh Stadium, Pre-2000 Sydney Olympics configurati

Post by dibo »

Ha! That's a weird motorway. My GPS wanted me to go the wrong way up it coming back from Victor Harbour when we were there last.

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

dibo wrote:Ha! That's a weird motorway. My GPS wanted me to go the wrong way up it coming back from Victor Harbour when we were there last.
It's in the process of being completely duplicated full length. better late than never I guess.

Brucetiki
Bronze

Post by Brucetiki »

Orel Puppington wrote:Better Idea is to build an all new rectangular stadium closer to the city and public transport. A site near Mile End train station would be a good idea
Hindmarsh is 2 minutes out of the city, has a tram connection, and is one train stop out of the city - how much closer do you want it to be!

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

It should be on a floating barge that drifts on the Torrens.

It's about f***ing time the Port Rd/Torrens River channel connection was completed.*

*For the non South Australians. Yes. They actually tried digging a connection from Port Adelaide to Adelaide. They gave up after about 1-2km.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Well if they are going to give up that easily :)

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

At least with the Alexandra Canal in Sydney they worked on it from 1867 to 1900 before deciding not to go on with the project.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

The proposed canal was to go down the middle of Port Rd - hence why it has such a massive nature strip down the middle. Had it been completed Hindmarsh would have boasted light rail, heavy rail (bit of a walk), bus, car, and sea/river access and positively shat on any other stadium of its type in Australia.

Lazy moustache wearing dole bludgers.

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

yob wrote:The proposed canal was to go down the middle of Port Rd - hence why it has such a massive nature strip down the middle. Had it been completed Hindmarsh would have boasted light rail, heavy rail (bit of a walk), bus, car, and sea/river access and positively shat on any other stadium of its type in Australia.

Lazy moustache wearing dole bludgers.
Hindmarsh Stadium has great transport links.
The tram is a couple of hundred meters away. Personally I drive and park for $4 at the AEC carpark. If you get there before its too packed you can pick a carpark that means you can drive almostdirectly onto Adam Street and then past Bowden to Main North and home(Mozzie Lakes) usually NLT about 30 minutes after the final whistle.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Pic NSFW:

http://www.coopersstadium.com.au/wp-con ... iumWeb.jpg

In other news, I have received second hand reports from a bull sh*t radio station source of a new covered stadium in Mile End. For what it's worth there is already a stadium in that suburb - Santos Stadium.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

Filth.