Etihad Stadium

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
RobertHeatleyStand
Silver

Re: Etihad Stadium

Post by RobertHeatleyStand »

My Victory reserved seat moves in so I would love for to happen but... politics, costs, growing grass, blah blah blah

btw... from the seating chart it looks as only the two sidelines will move in and the end stands remain as they are :der:

RobertHeatleyStand
Silver

Victory member email wrote:We are pleased to announce that Etihad Stadium management are committed to creating the best possible environment for members and fans at our home games in 2013/14. The venue have certainly been listening to our members and fans and will be moving the level one stands into the rectangular configuration for the following games.

ROUND DATE MELBOURNE VICTORY V OPPONENT VENUE KICK-OFF
3 Friday, October 25, 2013 Melbourne Victory v Brisbane Roar Etihad Stadium 7:30 PM
4 Monday, November 4, 2013 Melbourne Victory v Wellington Phoenix Etihad Stadium 7:30 PM
7 Saturday, November 23, 2013 Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Etihad Stadium 7:30 PM
16 Sunday, January 26, 2014 Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC Etihad Stadium 5:00 PM
My seat is moving 8) ... My seat is moving 8) ... My seat is moving 8)

...but not for the Feart game in round 1 :der:

RobertHeatleyStand
Silver

Etihad Stadium to boost video screen size by 30 per cent
SPORTS fans will get a bigger slice of the action at Etihad Stadium with plans in motion to super-size video screens at the Docklands venue.

The size of two main screens at the stadium will be increased by 30 per cent to 90sq m each in a state-of-the-art upgrade worth about $1.1 million.

The custom-made screens will beam sharper and larger replays to spectators as well as supplying more statistics and information during matches.

Scores of smaller TV replay screens around the stadium are also to be replaced with bigger flatscreen models.

It is the first time in 12 years that screens at the venue have undergone a major upgrade with the new equipment expected to be in place before the start of next year's AFL season.

The new mega-screens, to replace smaller existing screens at the Coventry and Lockett ends of the stadium, will use high-definition LED technology allowing animation, computer-generated images and action replays of live sport.

Etihad Stadium boss Paul Sargent said a six-month worldwide search had been conducted to find the perfect technology.

The revamp is the first of several upgrades planned at the stadium to lure sports fans off the couch.

``By installing screens like this, it's phase one of two or three phases of technology we want to put in the stadium,'' Mr Sargent said.

``It's a factor for enhancing the spectator experience.''

The screens can also be used at concerts.

US company Daktronics, which has built big screens and scoreboards in professional sports such as the NBA and NFL, has won the contract to build and install the big screens.

Installation is expected to begin later this year.

Mr Sergeant last year told the Herald Sun that sound and light shows, more pre-game and half-time entertainment and better use of scoreboards would be considered at the stadium to better entertain crowds.

He said technological advances such as pause and rewind TV was the biggest challenge to live sport.

Confirmation of the Etihad upgrade comes weeks after MCG chiefs announced they, too, would update screens at the stadium.
Long overdue... love to know what phase 2 or 3 will entail. Improved phone reception would be very nice.