Future SFS

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

If you had a good sized cheque book i would:-

Move both upper stands up and back to make boxes on both sides...boxes at the ends are not that great.

I would also bring in both ends to get around advertising on the field but still allow for minimum Union field length.

I would also push the boxes on the south up 1 floor to make a proper concourse as it is totally detached from the main public concourses East and West (and that would get rid of gate I)

And I would also fix up the players change facilities to an international standard as there isn’t much useable space under the western stand, the players tunnel to get to the field is quite steap.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Dan wrote:
deejaybee wrote:
Sydney will not get a semi and a final.
Mexico 1986-Azteca held a semi and hosted the Final
USA 1994-Rose Bowl (semi/Final)
France 1998-Stade De France (semi/Final)

It certainly has happened in recent history.I guess if Brisbane ,Perth or Adelaide do not come up with a 60,000 seat stadium,then the Semis naturally will be hosted in Sydney and Melbourne and the final in one of those 2 cities.
I think it is intended for their now to be 4 separate major finals stadiums. The days of a stadium getting a semi and the final have gone, otherwise I imagine Soccer City would be doing exactly that next year.

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

beastjim wrote:
Dan wrote:
deejaybee wrote:
Sydney will not get a semi and a final.
Mexico 1986-Azteca held a semi and hosted the Final

It certainly has happened in recent history.I guess if Brisbane ,Perth or Adelaide do not come up with a 60,000 seat stadium,then the Semis naturally will be hosted in Sydney and Melbourne and the final in one of those 2 cities.
I think it is intended for their now to be 4 separate major finals stadiums. The days of a stadium getting a semi and the final have gone, otherwise I imagine Soccer City would be doing exactly that next year.
I actually wish Soccer City had a semi final as that means I'd have a chance of attending the venue.

Haven't properly looked through Australia's (or our winning rival) path after the Round of 16. Hopefully one of the routes features a match there.

Can anyone who knows future fixtures shed any light as to whether this may happen?

Tancred
Bronze

Post by Tancred »

hot_dogma wrote:
Haven't properly looked through Australia's (or our winning rival) path after the Round of 16. Hopefully one of the routes features a match there.

Can anyone who knows future fixtures shed any light as to whether this may happen?
Wikipedia has a decent list of what games are played at what stadiums
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup

If Australia finish 2nd in the group, then get out of the Round of 16 we play the next game at Johannesburg

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

hot_dogma wrote:
beastjim wrote:
Dan wrote: Mexico 1986-Azteca held a semi and hosted the Final

I actually wish Soccer City had a semi final as that means I'd have a chance of attending the venue.

Come second in the group and win the R16 of game and the Quarter Final would be at Soccer City.

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Cheers guys thanks for that.

jacobhalls
Bronze

Post by jacobhalls »

Sydney won't get a semi final and final, i agree deejaybee. That will cause too much of a stink from rival cities & i doubt FIFA will do that.
Anyway, getting back onto back subject - SFS redevelopment options-
what i would do:
get rid of white boards in upper tier seating that look absolutely awful on television
get rid of current roof that provides next to no shelter during rain - replace with roof covering 75%+ seating of stadium
get rid of dorky-looking small stands & corpoarte boxes at end (which has them) & replace both ends with second tier compromising of about 5,000 seats (at most, maybe even less) at each end. This tier would be similar to design of current upper tiers on length of field of stadium & would also include corporate boxes at each end to replace the previous ones (they would be put into a line across the ends instead of current un-unitedness). This would take capacity to between 50 & 55,000 to accomadate Worlrd Cup qualifiers, almost any NRL match & almost any rugby match.
Also, as someone said earlier, install proper corpoarte boxes on side of field (upper stand have to be pushed up/back).

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

the crow wrote:If you had a good sized cheque book i would:-

Move both upper stands up and back to make boxes on both sides...boxes at the ends are not that great.

I would also bring in both ends to get around advertising on the field but still allow for minimum Union field length.

I would also push the boxes on the south up 1 floor to make a proper concourse as it is totally detached from the main public concourses East and West (and that would get rid of gate I)

And I would also fix up the players change facilities to an international standard as there isn’t much useable space under the western stand, the players tunnel to get to the field is quite steap.
Any chance of leaking some sketches?

skippy
Bronze

Re: Future SFS

Post by skippy »

Alliance stadium as of today sold out for the 4th time this year. Must be a record for this venue?