Australian FIFA World Cup Stadia

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Re: Australian FIFA World Cup Stadia

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

Adelaide_United_Red wrote:
Simmo79 wrote:Yeah, there's no principle involved here. No higher duty to the integrity of the game. It's just Sepptic trying to open a new front in his fight against Bin Hamman. They're both c***s
^^^ this, Ever since I've been a football fan FIFA have been nothing but a bunch of c**ts The game survives because of its artistry and wonder sometiomes in spite of FIFA rather than because they've nurtured it:(
One only has to remember the completebullsh*t qualification routes handed to the Socceroos over the years(as evidence of bastardry) until we wrangled our way into Asia...to even qualify for USA 94, the Socceroos were made to play Italia '90 runners up Argentina for crying out loud:( This after everytime Sepp turned up in Australia he'd trot out the "of course Oceania as a Confederation in good standing with FIFA deserves a direct WC slot" garbage(It never has deserved one IMO)
Too bad they hold toomuch power over the big federations of Europe via the Champions League money for countries like England, Germany and Spain to seriously consider suceeding and starting afresh:(
Bad form to quote oneself I know, but tying into the Aust vs Argentina thread is a story today about the great Diego Maradona using PEDs in that series:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/ar ... z1NEYnSZv7

it sounds to me like he's bragging rather than confessing, but major LOLs at Maradona thinking he had to take drugs to beat us back then when they were far and away one of the best teams in the world and we just weren't. Of course Maradona was kicked out of USA94 for testing positive:(

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Nobody takes Maradona seriously anymore do they? The guy is only interested in one thing - himself...

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

Boba Fett wrote:Nobody takes Maradona seriously anymore do they? The guy is only interested in one thing - himself...

I don't take him seriously, but as with many past greats well past it(John 'Sam' Newman anyone?) they are usually good for a quote. As long as everything said is taken with a pinch of salt;)

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Andrew Jennings was on late line last night (last interview you can still watch it on Iview i would think) after watching this i went to his website and things got interesting.

http://www.transparencyinsport.org/

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

When you want to be awarded a tournament by a big international sporting body Andrew Jennings is a pain-in-the-arse spoilsport. When you've lost your bid then he's a speaker of truths and a man of courage.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

i suspect the reality is in the middle somewhere

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

the crow wrote:i suspect the reality is in the middle somewhere
He's a grumpy old crank and Commander of the Royal Killjoy Regiment.

He also appears to be right as often as not.

That website of his is an abomination though. It's just got that look about it - you half expect 9/11 truther stuff to be buried down there somewhere.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaki ... 1fedp.html
President Sepp Blatter

"There is no issue for the World Cup in 2022," the 75-year-old Swiss said. "I believe that the decision taken for the World Cup in 2022 was done exactly in the same pattern and in the same way as the 2018 tournament."
:lol:

oh it was a prepaid win as well?

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Adding insult to injury, FIFA's senior vice-president Julio Grondona from Argentina then unleashed a blistering attack on England.

"We always have attacks from England which are mostly lies with the support of journalism which is more busy lying than telling the truth. This upsets and disturbs the FIFA family," Grondona said.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/fi ... 1fh9f.html

Whenever an organisation refers to itself as a "family" you just know they're covering up something appalling.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Simmo79 wrote:
Adding insult to injury, FIFA's senior vice-president Julio Grondona from Argentina then unleashed a blistering attack on England.

"We always have attacks from England which are mostly lies with the support of journalism which is more busy lying than telling the truth. This upsets and disturbs the FIFA family," Grondona said.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/fi ... 1fh9f.html

Whenever an organisation refers to itself as a "family" you just know they're covering up something appalling.
In another interview he also says that when England "gives back" the Falklands to Argentina he'll vote for them.

With people like that involved, there is no hope for reform of FIFA.

RobertHeatleyStand
Silver

Post by RobertHeatleyStand »

Super hot World Cup 2022 could be a game of three halves
Published 11:35 07/07/11 By MirrorFootball

(13) Recommend

It's the oldest cliché in the post-match interview hand book, but soon the phrase "it's a game of two halves" could be a thing of the past.

FIFA are reportedly considering plans to allow matches at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar to be played in three 30 minutes thirds to prevent footballers overheating in the stifling summer temperatures.

Games of 'three halves', slaves, women, Qatar: Sepp Blatter's craziest ideas

The stadia will be cooled by zero-carbon solar technology to a temperature of around 24 degrees Celsius, but Michael Beavon, a director of Arup Associates who helped develop the system says that may still pose a risk to the players.

He told delegates at the Qatar Infrastructure Conference in London: "There is a moderate risk of heat injury to the players between 24C-29C but if you go above that you have high and extreme risk of injury. The one thing FIFA do say, although it is for guidance, is if it's 32C they will stop a match and play three 30-minute thirds rather than two 45-minute halves.

"The reason would be to re-hydrate the players before they could carry on playing. That of course would play havoc with TV schedules and those kind of things. The commitment from Qatar was to provide conditions in the moderate band, so that matches would go ahead and be played as normal. Matches have to be played at an acceptable temperature and in safety so that FIFA do not intervene."

But a FIFA spokesperson said the idea of three periods of play would require a change in the rules.

"This possibility has not been discussed," the spokesperson told news agency Reuters. "In any case, this would require a change in the Laws of the Game, and therefore would have to be analysed and approved by the International Football Association Board (IFAB) in the first place."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Su ... z1RTuVlepW
Ahem... :popcorn:

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

I'm sorry but if I didn't get killed on a 35 degree day in the Metallica Mosh pit then these soft cocks won't die kicking a ball around.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

32 deg C.....ha.

Month JUN JUL AUG

AV max 41.2 41.7 40.7

AV min 27.7 29.1 28.9

AndrewM
Bronze

Post by AndrewM »

Who watched tonight's four corners article about the FFA bid?

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I missed it, except for the last two minutes in the lead up to Media Watch.

Did those parents really expect that if the bid was not lodged, Rudd would have handed over $45m to subsidise boots, kits, fields etc?

Although there are reral questions to be asked, this is what happens when you play with the big boys. Sometimes you get shafted. It's a political exercise. Some of the public outrage smacks of naivety although admittedly, some of it is justified given the public expense.