Whitten Oval, Windy Hill

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
Deagan
Bronze

Post by Deagan »

I've been to footscray

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sandyhill
Gold
Location: Just across the road from Australia's largest stadium

Post by sandyhill »

Did you talk to Sam Newman?

HoldenV8
Silver

Post by HoldenV8 »

Not the best quality but found this on Flickr the other night. Credit to the photographer of course.

Windy Hill

spinDr
Bronze

Post by spinDr »

very nice pics cheesie, i dont suppose you have a high res pic of the first one, and or a shot with the 'Windy Hill' sign, id very much love to use it for a signature.

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

spinDr wrote:very nice pics cheesie, i dont suppose you have a high res pic of the first one, and or a shot with the 'Windy Hill' sign, id very much love to use it for a signature.
I've got 3072 x 2304 pixel versions of all of these pictures. I've also got a decent picture of the Windy Hill sign above the doors to the social club part of the ground.

PM me your email address and I'll send them (and any other requests).

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Essendon can go and die.

Then again one of my biggest regrets in sport was not being able to suck my dad in enough despite my valiant efforts to attend Essendon v Richmond at Windy Hill in 1991 despite being in Northcote a few hours before the game on the premise he said we would get belted.

We won.

:cry:

tailz
Bronze

Post by tailz »

i was up at windy hill yesterday for the essendon legends game and got photos of the ground and stand's with people actually in them, plus some of the showers looking very bare. will post in the coming days

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

hot_dogma wrote:Essendon can go and die.

Then again one of my biggest regrets in sport was not being able to suck my dad in enough despite my valiant efforts to attend Essendon v Richmond at Windy Hill in 1991 despite being in Northcote a few hours before the game on the premise he said we would get belted.

We won.

:roll: oh dear

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Simmo79 wrote:

We won.

:roll: oh dear
:D

sandyhill
Gold
Location: Just across the road from Australia's largest stadium

Post by sandyhill »

We won. :cry:
tailz wrote:i was up at windy hill yesterday for the essendon legends game and got photos of the ground and stand's with people actually in them, plus some of the showers looking very bare. will post in the coming days
And the connection between these two - the Essendon Legends game also featured a recreation of the famous half-time Essendon/Richmond brawl of 1975 (still occasionally shown on TV when these sides meet). That might be the other reason Mr HD Snr didn't want to go - Tiger barrackers unsafe in hostile territory at Windy Hill -
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 42,00.html

BTW Tailz - still waiting for the pics.

tailz
Bronze

Post by tailz »

yeah i know, havin internet troubles, god damn telstra sons of b*tches!!!!!
as soon as i'm back up to normal speed they'll be up

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

sandyhill wrote:

tailz wrote:i was up at windy hill yesterday for the essendon legends game and got photos of the ground and stand's with people actually in them, plus some of the showers looking very bare. will post in the coming days
And the connection between these two - the Essendon Legends game also featured a recreation of the famous half-time Essendon/Richmond brawl of 1975 (still occasionally shown on TV when these sides meet). That might be the other reason Mr HD Snr didn't want to go - Tiger barrackers unsafe in hostile territory at Windy Hill -

Richmond has a bit more of a connection to the ground as it was the location of the 'Save Our Skins' Richmond legends game v Carlton in September 1990 where over 18,000 turned up to help keep the Tigers alive. This attendance was actually better than some of the home crowds for Essendon that season.

As it happened I missed out on this game too as my dad was up bush and I had no one to take me. :(

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

hot_dogma wrote:
sandyhill wrote:

Richmond has a bit more of a connection to the ground as it was the location of the 'Save Our Skins' Richmond legends game v Carlton in September 1990 where over 18,000 turned up to help keep the Tigers alive. This attendance was actually better than some of the home crowds for Essendon that season.

As it happened I missed out on this game too as my dad was up bush and I had no one to take me. :(
It's just been too long since I was last up bush :?

tailz
Bronze

Post by tailz »

alright as promised here is a couple to get started, will put more up but i'm on my to the footy so i'm in a hurry