what stadium m?mbership is bE$t smacker value?

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
redback_original
Silver

what stadium mêmbership is bE$t smacker value?

Post by redback_original »

after my first visit to suncorp last weekend (thought i'd try to get in before the world cup plus also avoid any league yobbos)... i was intrigued enough to check out the membership ~

so much for being a working man's game...

i worked out that for a mere $814pa i could get the cheapest membership deal... if i sign up for the next five years... cool! meantime over the river for $370 i'm getting 12 lions games AND a summer full of cricket...

ahhh... but suncorp does have a red rooter...

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Tough call. I'd say for sheer number of events the MCG would come out on top.

The SCG/Aussie Stadium Trust has two memberships. There is the SCG only membership which has a waiting list of years I believe. That's only a few hundred bucks a year once you are in (and you hae to be nominated by two other members to get in).

They also have Gold membership. That costs mseveral thousands and I belive that gets you Aussie Stadium, SCG AND Telstra Stadium membership (they did that as a compromise for Telstra gtting all the big events and people shelling out thousands previously because they thought they'd see big events at Moore Park). That also gets you pool, gym, tennis courts, etc. Can you tell I did work experience there ? :D

Telstra Stadium's membership would've been good pre-Olympics but now I don't know how good it would be. Maybe if it was cheaper than it was pre-Olympics or if it includes Moore Park Membership (SCG and Aussie Stadium).

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

I'm a MCC member, and I think it's great value. My parents put me on the waiting list when I was born. Some 16 or 17 years later, I finally received my membership. I'm still a ristricted member (about $300 per year), but think I will be a full member next time round (Oct). That costs about $500 per year. It really is great value. All the Footy (including at least one match each week of the finals :lol: :lol:), Cricket and the odd Soccer, Union, League match.

Are you serious the Suncorp Membership in $800 per year???
How much are some of the other stadiums?

Dan
Silver

Post by Dan »

Jeffles.....

The SCG membership does not include Telstra Stadium membership,although there is a clause that guarantee seats to SCG members for certain events at Telstra Stadium.Of course ,the SCG members pay full price for these tickets for each event.

I think Telstra Stadium membership is around $350 per year,which isnt bad considering it has the prime of Sydney's most sort after events.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Last edited by yob on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

The SCG membership does not include Telstra Stadium membership,although there is a clause that guarantee seats to SCG members for certain events at Telstra Stadium.Of course ,the SCG members pay full price for these tickets for each event.
Gotcha Dan. Thanks.

perthsmike
Bronze

Post by perthsmike »

grrr i hate the MCC. bunch of arrogant pig-headed greedy bastards. cant wait to see the day (and dont worry the day will come) when us interstate teams have the last laugh out of the unfair, totally stupid ridiculous agreement between the AFL and MCC.

death to the MCC!!!

mike

Waz
Silver

Post by Waz »

yob wrote:I think 600 odd will get you footy park cat 1 membership, which gets you 22 AFL games and SANFL grand final.
I'm a category 1 member, and i think it was about $370.... not too bad a value :)