Football Park's phantom bucket seats...

Discuss stadium news, redevelopment, construction & future stadiums.
Waz
Silver

Post by Waz »

official capacity is now 51,309... ;)

redback_original
Silver

Post by redback_original »

looking good... even the concrete...

one thing i used to dislike about footy park was the bowl-type incline of the seats...

but really it doesn't look too different to the bottom tier of the great southern stand... or ½ the bottom tier at the gabba...

not all stadiums need to be straight up 'n' down... and as long as you don't have blocker roach sitting in front ya should be all right.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Last edited by yob on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waz
Silver

Post by Waz »

Yup, I went too, yob as usual beat me to it though ;)

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Waz
Silver

Post by Waz »

Cushy members... lol... I'd almost prefer to be in the outer... less Grandma Armchair Umpires :P

My Camera is a cheapy, but is good for these kind of pics, because it's cheap due to lack of optical zoom... but for $300 for a sony that does 3.1mpx, I'm happy :)

I'll email or host any pics for pikey if he could do a pano... I'd attempt it, but I've never tried stitching before. I'm sure it would be easy enough, but i know it'd take a while! :P :)

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

Great pics guys! Well, you know what my question is going to be...
I better be polite and ask permission first. :wink:

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Waz
Silver

Post by Waz »

In the words of me driving past a guy on a park bench snogging his girl, "Go for it, buddy!" ;)

(c) Warren Ashby ;)

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

Cheers! Done. Hope you don't mind me adding 'www.austadiums.com' to the images. :wink:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Makes a Western Australian Green with envy. Great photos looks like a brand new photos and the seats, well typical but fresh. Happy Days for those in Adelaide :D

Can't wait for the day we get a stadium as big or bigger then that AAMI, just 14 years away.

Or unless the WACA decided to become sane and enter the public rather then the psych ward, then we might have it sooner rather then later. :wink:

argee
Bronze

Post by argee »

The bucket seats look so much better than the old benches ever did. Congratulations AAMI Stadium, you got it so right.

HoldenV8
Silver

Post by HoldenV8 »

Not having been to AAMI Stadium recently I can't say how it will compare now that it has bucket seats to when I have attended with the old "freezing in winter" bench seating. However I must say that from the photo's alone it looks almost like a brand new stadium.

Well done to the SANFL for the work they have done in upgrading AAMI Stadium. Much needed I would say.

josephjohn84
Bronze

Post by josephjohn84 »

in a few years the roof of the old grandstand needs replacing, so they are going to increase the height of the grandstand making it level with the new Northern stand. thats why they didnt put the northern stand on the other side. it'll increase capacity by about 4000 i think

HoldenV8
Silver

Post by HoldenV8 »

What you have to remember about where they put the Northern Grandstand is what else is constructed around the stadium itself.

Behind the southern goals (golf course end) is the superboxes that were built about 7 or 8 years ago so no grandstand there. Around from them and over towards the outer wing is the AFC clubrooms and training facility plus the old scoreboard so no chance of building the stand there. Then you have the electronic scoreboard/video screen just to the north of the wing so really that leaves only where they did build the stand.

Realistically don't expect there to be many more additions to AAMI Stadium in the future when it comes to stands. Not unless they get rid of the superboxes, build a similar stand to the northern one and incorporate into it state of the art corporate facilities to replace the superboxes. The SANFL make a LOT of money from those boxes and wouldn't be ready to give them up just yet.