Corio Oval is a former football ground located in Geelong. It was the former home ground of the Geelong Football Club, who officially moved to the ground in 1878. The record attendance was set in 1925 when 26,025 fans were on hand to see Geelong beat Collingwood. The ground featured two grandstands and terracing.
At the end of the 1940 season, the club was forced to relocate due to the oval being needed for military training during World War 2. Kardinia Park was decided upon as a temporary solution, The team went into recess during 1942 and 1943, and at the start of the 1944 season there was much debate over whether to return to Corio Oval. In the end, it was decided the club would remain at Kardinia Park, which remains its current home ground today.
After the departure of football, the oval lay empty until 1956 when the Geelong Trotting Club held its inaugural meeting there, using it until 1978 when they relocated to Beckley Park, Corio. It also hosted greyhound racing during this time.
In the early 1980s a hospital and residential houses were built on the oval, thus ending the existence of Corio Oval.