Kooyong Tennis Centre

Redevelopment/Construction

Kooyong Tennis Centre

Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club was established in 1892 and has a long, outstanding history as one of the world's most prestigious tennis clubs. Once known as the home of Australian tennis and still often referred to as the spiritual home of tennis in Australia, Kooyong's centre court has hosted both the Davis Cup and the Australian Open, and continues to host the Kooyong Classic in the lead-up to the AO.

The 8,500-capacity centre court opened in 1927 and hosted the Australian Open from that year until 1986, when Melbourne Park opened (then known as Flinders Park). Kooyong is being redeveloped in 2019/20 with the majority of the upper sections of the main arena being demolished to allow for other facilities to be built.

Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club comprises 26 beautiful grass courts, 22 fully lit all-weather en tout cas courts and 3 Plexicushion courts.

Kooyong Centre Court

Kooyong Tennis Centre Details

Location
Address
489 Glenferrie Rd Kooyong 3144. Tel: (03) 9822 3333  
Capacity
8,500  
Seats
8,500 (100% of capacity)
Highest Crowd since 2003
8,000 - 14/01/06: AAMI Classic, Kooyong (d4)  
Lights
No  
Arena Roof
No  
Video Screen
No  
Opened
1927
Ticket Agent
Ticketek BUY TICKETS  
Sports Played
Tennis  
Home Teams
 
Annual Events
Kooyong Classic
Last Event
Next Event
 
Official Website
Directions
Accommodation
See nearby Kooyong Tennis Centre hotels and more. VIEW ACCOMMODATION