Olympic Park Oval
Olympic Park Oval sits on the site of the old Olympic Park Stadium in the heart of Melbourne's sporting precinct. The former 18,000-capacity Athletics venue, originally built as a warm-up track for the 1956 Melbourne Olympic Games, was demolished in 2012. The new oval was built as the training base for the Collingwood Football Club and also hosts VFL and AFLW matches. It was completed in early 2013 and features match-standard lighting, a grass embankment with some concrete terracing on the outer wing, with an estimated capacity is 3,000. A two-lane running track surrounds the playing arena. A new pavilion at the ground known as the Glasshouse was completed in early 2016 which joins onto the adjacent Holden Centre and features a social club, function room, theatre, gym and match day facilities for staff and players.