Norwood Oval, officially known as Coopers Stadium following a five-year naming rights deal (not to be confused with Hindmarsh Stadium which is also commercially known as Coopers Stadium), is an oval sports ground located in the Adelaide suburb of Norwood. The ground features two grandstands with total seating for 3,900 spectators and terracing around the remainder of the ground, boosting capacity to around 15,000. The historic Sir Edwin T. Smith Pavilion, located at the southern end behind the goals, opened in 1929; and the Centenary Pavilion on the western side of the ground opened in 1953 and was extended to the north in 1963 - known as the Essery Stand.
Between the two grandstands is 'The Fort' - a modern two-story building opened in 2000, commercially known as the Wolf Blass Community Centre, featuring the Norwood Function Room, the Premiers Bar & Bistro and new player facilities including unisex change rooms.
Norwood Oval is the home of SANFL club the Norwood Redlegs and is often referred to as The Parade. It has long been regarded as one of the premier Australian football grounds in South Australia, with ongoing improvements to its facilities. Floodlights allow for night fixtures at Norwood, replacing the six old light towers in 2010, which were originally erected in 1951 with Norwood Oval becoming the first suburban ground to have lights. A video screen has been installed and a new white picket fence around the oval.
The Adelaide Crows play their AFLW matches at the venue, while it has also hosted baseball in the past, between 1951 and 1999 as the home of the Adelaide Giants in the old National Baseball League, and more recently as the former home of ABL team Adelaide Bite (now the Giants) between 2009 and 2016. It also hosted cricket until 1972 when the cricket pitch was removed to improve the playing surface for football.
Norwood Oval Details
Adelaide Crows (AFLW)