Melbourne Olympic Velodrome
The Melbourne Olympic Velodrome (or Olympic Park Velodrome) is a former stadium that was used for cycling events during the 1956 Melbourne Olympic Games. The velodrome opened prior to the Olympics and was situation on part of the site previously occupied by the Motordrome - was demolished in 1972 and replaced by a car park - and the site is now occupied by Melbourne's primary rectangular sports stadium - AAMI Park.
The Melbourne Olympic Velodrome featured a two-tiered grandstand on the western side with permanent seating for 4,400 spectators. During the Olympics, a 3,500-seat temporary stand was built to boost its capacity to 7,900.