Flemington Racecourse Redevelopment
The new VRC Club Stand is bold and unique, transforming Flemington and firmly placing the VRC among the top racing clubs globally. Evolution is natural and necessary, and the VRC knows that Members and racegoers deserve a world-class facility.
The dynamic design by award-winning architects Bates Smart is superior in quality and innovation. The curvilinear style embodies the spirit of Flemington and the Melbourne Cup Carnival, encouraging movement, socialisation and engagement. Facilities and finishes will be of the highest quality throughout, and the Club’s rich heritage will be preserved thorough familiar elements and new, modern updates.
With a significant increase in the number of bars and restaurants, as well as the addition of a beautiful rooftop garden, the new Club Stand will be a sought-after raceday destination. Its superior views of the track and the course will afford Members the opportunity to enjoy Flemington, and the outstanding racing, like never before.
Quite simply – the new VRC Club Stand will epitomise the celebration of the joy of a day at the races.
- March 2015: Completion of Club Stand design
- April 2015: Building tender documentation
- Late November 2015: Club Stand build commences, pending approvals
- November 2016: Melbourne Cup Carnival - Alternate facilities for VRC Members will be provided
- October 2017: Grand opening of new Club Stand