Austadiums Travel Thread

Discuss anything and everything, right here!
wolves and victory man
Silver

Re: Austadiums Travel Thread

Post by wolves and victory man »

Booked a holiday to Phuket in January 20-Febuary 5. It will be the first time im off aussie shores :oops: but it'll be a cheap holiday :)
Unfortunately it will prob be the only big holiday i'll have in 3 years because i just bought a block of land and will have to pay it off next year only working 2 days a week (looking into a second job soon) :ballchain:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

wolves and victory man wrote:Booked a holiday to Phuket in January 20-Febuary 5. It will be the first time im off aussie shores :oops: but it'll be a cheap holiday :)
Unfortunately it will prob be the only big holiday i'll have in 3 years because i just bought a block of land and will have to pay it off next year only working 2 days a week (looking into a second job soon) :ballchain:
I'd spend as much time out of the major town of Phuket.

I prefer Bali to Phuket, but heaps of people rave about how good Phuket is, so you may like it a lot. Plenty of opportunity to get out of phuket to other parts of SE Asia if you are interested.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Egan wrote:
Before I did exotic countries Augusta was the town I had my annual family holidays in 8)

Nothing quite beats the Augusta Bakery, pretty sensational.

The Caves are not bad and the Blackwood River tour is quite good. Don't know whether its whale season but Augusta is recognised as one of the best whalewatching places on the planet. (not that Ive been)

Beef and Guinnes Pie....Tick....Augusta itself....not so much.........
Caves....Tick......
Beaches.......tick.......
Wineries..... 8) 8) 8) excelent.......

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Glad you are enjoying your trip!

Some good weather atm...

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

yob wrote:
Cheesie-the-Pirate wrote:Heading to Adelaide next week for work. Will be out at Mawson Lakes during office hours but going to try and take advantage of daylight savings and check out the town after work.
Mawson Lakes? Sucked in!
It's got a nice pub. Well, it's an OK pub.

They challenge you to try their massive schnitzel. I passed.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Egan wrote:Glad you are enjoying your trip!

Some good weather atm...

Trip was great...however I too find myself in Adelaide for work now for the next couple of weeks..its about 20 deg C colder...holidays have come to a crushing halt.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Am I the person on Austadiums that visits Adelaide the least? I've been twice in the last year - drove through it the first time (going fishing) and second time for a funeral.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

This is my first time back in 20 years....I am going to try for some tickets to the ashes though...it will make a nice change to Sydney

wolves and victory man
Silver

Post by wolves and victory man »

Egan wrote:
wolves and victory man wrote:Booked a holiday to Phuket in January 20-Febuary 5. It will be the first time im off aussie shores :oops: but it'll be a cheap holiday :)
I'd spend as much time out of the major town of Phuket.

I prefer Bali to Phuket, but heaps of people rave about how good Phuket is, so you may like it a lot. Plenty of opportunity to get out of phuket to other parts of SE Asia if you are interested.
My cousin talked me into the holiday after he went there earlier in the year. He reckons the nightlife is the best thing ever invented there but then again he was only 17 at the time so it would've been seen as awesome to go clubbing for the first time and all that. Tbh i'm not even that fussed about the holiday and not really looking forward to it yet. Funnily enough im looking more forward to working full time now my holidays have started so i can pay off as much of my loan as possible and also learn more hands on skills :)

Probably the thing i look forward most to Phuket is buying a shitload of cheap clothes except i don't know what i want for x-mas anymore :?

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Ha, you will love travelling overseas. SE Asia is epic!

bazza
Silver

Post by bazza »

Went to Bora Bora last week
It was awesome

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

f**k you

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Last edited by yob on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Just got back from Eden in southern NSW. Meh.

stadiumking
Gold

Post by stadiumking »

I spent last weekend in Spalding, SA.
As *delightful* as it was, the real highlight was passing the Worlds End Highway on the way there.