State of Origin

Discuss anything and everything, right here!
yob
Platinum

State of Origin

Post by yob »

Use this thread to compile squad inclusions for each state's respective 2007 state of origin side.

Rules made up on the run:

1/ If a crime is committed against a member of another state, e.g. a Victorian murders a South Australian, that person will be suspended from their respective origin squad

2/ New Zealand qualifies for SOO because it's a state of Australia

NSW: Boy, 13, leads police on wild chase

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/boy ... 61389.html

NSW Origin Squad at 8 May 2007:

Boy, 13
Last edited by yob on Tue May 08, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stadiumking
Gold

Post by stadiumking »

Victoria's entering the competition too...

This was on factiva, so I can't post a link.
`Idiot' mows down bins
ANTHONY BLACK 164 words
29 April 2007
Sunday Herald Sun

A FEMALE drink-driver who deliberately mowed down about 150 wheelie bins across Ballarat has been called "a bloody idiot" by police.

Rebecca Johansson, 21, started hitting the bins after throwing rocks through the windows of 13 homes.

The P-plate driver caused about $6000 damage in a night that Johansson described to police as "funny".

A court heard that Johansson, of Mt Clear, had drunk at least eight cans of bourbon and Coke and shared a cask of wine before her spree.

Ballarat Magistrates' Court heard she could not remember much about the night.

Johansson clocked 100km/h in a 60km/h zone, ran red lights and dodged police.

The court heard Johansson was caught after she hit a fence.

She had a blood alcohol reading of 0.09.

Johansson pleaded guilty to a charge of drink driving, dangerous driving and multiple charges of criminal damage and intentionally damaging property.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

At the moment it looks like NSW is leading VIC. NSW has a real in and under player who can navigate heavy traffic, whilst victoria wastes its disposals.

However with respect to Victoria, if it's a hot day they may come out ahead because they keep their fluids up.

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Woman stabbed at uni campus

Victorian squad so far:

Rebecca Johansson, 21, Ballarat
Woman, 23, Bundoora

The ladies are leading the way.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Victorian game plan: straight through the guts.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

2 young nswelshmen with good wheels

TWO young men have carjacked a late model BMW and robbed its owner in Sydney's south.

Police said the 34-year-old owner was about to get into his car about 11.40pm (AEST) yesterday in Park Road, Hurstville, when the carjackers pounced.

They stole his wallet and demanded he hand over his car keys, which he did.

The pair were last seen driving the blue 2005 BMW 320i series sedan - NSW registration API 63D - west along Park Road.

One of the robbers was described as in his early 20s, 175cm tall with a solid build and short brown hair.

He wore a white, long-sleeve hooded jumper, blue jeans, joggers and a white baseball cap.

His accomplice was also in his early 20s, 165cm tall and with a medium build. He wore a large grey jumper with pockets at the front and joggers.

burning the midnight oil to get what they want, these lads may not be stylish but they work hard and will get results.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

^^ they can get possession, but how is their disposal?

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

yob wrote:^^ they can get possession, but how is their disposal?
hard to say, and they seem to go missing when most wanted

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Just like in every facet of life where they can do no wrong Western Australia has sprinted to the front. Much like their international brothers Croatia, it seems the Sandgropers are adapt at killing it through the centre. Also their disposal is second to none especially away from home.

Friend's murder 'just felt right'

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

hot_dogma wrote: Also their disposal is second to none especially away from home.

I can tell you are an interstater :lol:

This murder was done in Collie...and they worshipped the god Emo. :lol:

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Egan wrote:
hot_dogma wrote: Also their disposal is second to none especially away from home.

I can tell you are an interstater :lol:

This murder was done in Collie...and they worshipped the god Emo. :lol:
:?:

Irrelevant post in a serious thread.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Sorry, maybe I do not have any idea how this is working. I did not know how West Aussies killing West Aussies makes it into this thread?

Apologies, I was wondering how something happening in Collie, makes it state of origin?

EDIT - I have finally got a chance to understand the rules. But still these girls where not away from home, they where in Collie.

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Egan wrote: EDIT - I have finally got a chance to understand the rules. But still these girls where not away from home, they where in Collie.
They buried the person under the victims home. Get it now? Savvy? Kapishe?

Now no more hijacking unless you're contributing.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

nsw prospect likely to miss selection: bogan gate woman's finishing not up to the grade

ready to shoot, but misses the target...
Wife charged over farmer's shooting on property
Email Print Normal font Large font Ben Cubby and Les Kennedy
May 9, 2007

Other related coverage
Mother pleads for information on son's shooting
Advertisement
AdvertisementTHE wife of a farmer who walked three kilometres to find help after being shot in the stomach has been charged with conspiracy to murder, in connection with a shotgun shooting in the western NSW town of Bogan Gate.

Andy Rix, the wife of Joe Rix, was arrested by detectives from Parkes in Maroubra yesterday, close to where her husband lies in Prince of Wales Hospital recovering from the attack.

She had earlier issued passionate appeals to find the man who shot her husband, calling the crime an "absolute mystery".

Another man, a 44-year-old from Condobolin, was also arrested yesterday in Parkes.

Joe Rix, 29, had returned home after work around 7.30pm to the couple's property near Bogan Gate on May 1, to find someone with a shotgun waiting for him.

He was ambushed and shot in the stomach and then again in the back as he fled. He staggered for three kilometres to seek help at a neighbour's property.

He was transferred to Parkes Hospital and then to Sydney with shotgun pellets in his stomach, hand and buttocks. His condition was listed as serious yesterday.

At the time, Mrs Rix told police she had been on her way home after shopping in nearby Forbes.

She said last week she was co-operating with police to fill in the "blank spaces" surrounding the crime. "It's like a jigsaw puzzle."

The shooting shocked the farming community around Bogan Gate, where Joe Rix grew up and has many friends.

His mother, Mary Rix, had earlier appealed for help to find the person responsible. "This fellow is still running around. How can my son and his wife go back to their farm after this?" she said.

The Condobolin man was still being interviewed by detectives last night. Mrs Rix was charged with intent and conspiracy to murder and will appear in Waverley Local Court today.

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

I'm guessing this is AFL (sic) State of Origin rather than rugby league State of Origin, making Kiwis ineligible?