International cricket 2010

Talk about what's going on in the world of sport.
IanRitchie
Platinum

Re: International cricket 2010

Post by IanRitchie »

it's going to be a sh*t summer.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

How sh*t is batting today? Hussey for a duck, the Aust A side getting rolled and NSW sliding.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

NSW sliding is an understatement. Then again Tassie could be all out themselves by stumps. What the hell are they playing on?

If one of the people knocking on the door had done well today, Hussey would be in real trouble with that duck, but no one's come out at proven themselves worthy so he could just be saved.

timmers
Bronze
Location: Sydney's Hills, where public transport doesn't exist

Post by timmers »

beastjim wrote:NSW sliding is an understatement. Then again Tassie could be all out themselves by stumps. What the hell are they playing on?

If one of the people knocking on the door had done well today, Hussey would be in real trouble with that duck, but no one's come out at proven themselves worthy so he could just be saved.
Interesting article on Fox saying Australia's team batted for a combined total of 61 today.

The SCG pitch can't be too bad, according to the CA website, NSW won the toss and elected to bat. Very overcast in Sydney today and the outfield was very slow last week, TAS 8/97 chasing 98 for 1st innings points.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Was a cracker of a Shield game even if the result was against NSW. For the national side, no one impressed enough to displace Hussey, who himself got a second innings ton thereby preserving his spot in the side until the age of 38.

Khawaja could replace Clarke. We could repeat how unlucky Hodge is. Unfortunately selectors have moved on.

Probably easier to hold your spot in Oz if you are a batsmen than a bowler. Contrast our revolving door spinners with our underperforming and immovable middle order.

Bring on Thursday!

timmers
Bronze
Location: Sydney's Hills, where public transport doesn't exist

Post by timmers »

Really annoyed that Hauritz got dropped. I've copped loads from my mates for sticking up for him, but I think he was hardly done by and I still think he is the best spinner in Australia (other than Warnie).

I think he would have had a cracker of a series if he was picked, I just hope Doherty does well.

On the Hodge note, he has a better First Class bowling average than Doherty, should he be our spinner? ;)

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

happy birthday Peter Siddle

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

What a legend. Maybe the useless Australian selectors should have picked more Victorians in the squad. ;)
Poms off to a shakey start. How we perform tomorrow will be most interesting. First three days of the test sold-out I believe, just what test cricket needs.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Johnson dropped for the Adelaide Test thank goodness.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/mit ... 18hew.html
Now if the selectors can just do the same with North we might be onto something...

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

Can't drop North, he's a key wicket taker. Took our only wicket in the second innings.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Ha!

Easier to keep your spot in the side if you are a batsmen. Most difficult to keep your spot if you are a spinner. Haurtz tore apart WA in the 4th innings in Perth of all places. Nothing against Doherty. It's that the selectors puzzle me.

As far as I'm concerned, some batsmen (Hussey or North) eventually getting a score does not justify the faith the selectors had. Arguably, all batsmen go in cycles of good and bad so if you keep them there they'll eventually get the big score. The key thing is how they do in between. Some haven't done well in between. Some do not get decent scores in between. Some slip lower than others. Drop these ones!

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

I have day 4 tickets to Adelaide...I'm worried if the game will last that long looking at our poor start.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

North fails AGAIN!

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

I've got tickets for everyday in Perth.

Its a green wicket atm.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

38,615 at the cricket today! I didn't realise that capacity was that big...

Thought the capacity increase was to 35,000.

Adelaide Oval in cricket mode seems to hold more than the GABBA now...