Formula 1

Talk about what's going on in the world of sport.
keithroosters
Bronze

Formula 1

Post by keithroosters »

cant seem to find a forum topic for this so thought id try and start one up with the risk of talking to myself.

did anyone watch the shanhai gp on sunday night. how good was mark webber! unlucky not to win the race due to being stuck behind jenson button, allowing teammate vettel to scoot ahead 18 seconds.

current drivers standings ahead of nahrain race:
1 Jenson Button British Brawn-Mercedes 21
2 Rubens Barrichello Brazilian Brawn-Mercedes 15
3 Sebastian Vettel German RBR-Renault 10
4 Timo Glock German Toyota 10
5 Mark Webber Australian RBR-Renault 9.5
6 Jarno Trulli Italian Toyota 8.5
7 Nick Heidfeld German BMW Sauber 4
8 Fernando Alonso Spanish Renault 4
9 Heikki Kovalainen Finnish McLaren-Mercedes 4
10 Lewis Hamilton British McLaren-Mercedes 4
11 Nico Rosberg German Williams-Toyota 3.5
12 Sebastien Buemi Swiss STR-Ferrari 3
13 Sebastien Bourdais

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

It was a cracking race looked more like F1 speed boats but at least it went full length in shocking conditions.........

The red bull is a rocket in the rain that was shown in the previous race in malasia.

HG and Roy would have nothing to talk about for half an hour as they would ususally would be paying out on another DNF

hooray someone else likes motor sport other than HV8

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

This may sound totally bizarre but my interest in F1 dropped when the GP moved from Adelaide to Melbourne.

keithroosters
Bronze

Post by keithroosters »

i agree crow. i remember watching the malaysian GP martin brumdle saying that webber and vettel seemed to be driving a completely different car to the rest of the drivers and were absolutely flying in the wet. ive been wating 6 years for mark webber to put in in that performance. i remember i think it was japan when webber would have won the race if vettel (ironically) didnt crash into the back of him during a safety car period. vettel went to pit lane literally crying.

i must say i dont really mind adelaide or melbourne, as long as australia have a race, which for a while was looking doubtfull.

will mark webber win a race this year? i think he will, but im ever the optomist.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

HD...... agreed....Adelaide was a much better track than Albert Park also being the last GP of the year it was a much more exciting race, and all the pit crews cut sick after the race in town....A mate of mine bought a real pit crew benaton jacket in the last ever race held there. they were all selling them so they could get some additional cashola to get rotten that night.

Webber will win a race...my bet would be is a wet monaco, silverstone or Spa race.

i always have my fingers crossed....

The new BBC comentary is just a sh*t as the old ITV version...they were just willing Webber to smash in china so bunghole could come second.

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

the crow that being the last race combined with the exciting type of street circuit just made it really an event to look forward to. Also Adelaide really put on a show and it was a top package.

I remember when Melb snatched it I was initially stoked because it was bragging rights for Victoria over SA but then after the first race in 1996 I thought Albert Park is sh*t and have lost interest ever since.

I went to the 1999 race but that was more because I won free tickets.

keithroosters
Bronze

Post by keithroosters »

what a killer for webber , and his fans such as me. unbelievable frustration. he could have won this race in bahrain. freakn force india ruined his qualifying lap and now hes stuck in 19th! 19th!!

deejaybee
Silver

Post by deejaybee »

Looking forward to Monaco tomorrow.

keithroosters
Bronze

Post by keithroosters »

should be a great race. qualifying tongiht will go a very long way in deciding the podium. red bull hasnt had an ideal prep so far due to engine problems on friday but will be good to see how they go in their first race with the double difuser.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Wasn’t a great race last night, Webbers 5th place was proberbly the best he could do given his starting position, but he put in some good laps and i still have faith he pay get a win this year. I’m cranky I missed the previous race being on holidays..I have had a picture of lows corner on my desktop all last week in anticipation for the race and to reminisce walking around the track last year...those guys are freaks the way they get around there.

I liked the bit in their pre race show where they showed the Merc engine on a test bed having the living crap revved out of it. happy times!

keithroosters
Bronze

Post by keithroosters »

yeah i saw that bit in the pre-race. mercaedes is ovbiously a 100 times better engine than honda had, although honda were making progress. im happy with webbers 5th for monaco. red bull were aiming to overtake the feraris with a superior pit stratergy. didnt pay off so he was stuck behind them in the end. jenson button was fantastic. blew everyone off the park! anything less than a podium for istanbul in 2 weeks will be dissapointing for webber and his fans. hes got a real shot at victory in the next two races being istanbul and great britain

broncos
Silver

Post by broncos »

I'm definitely starting to get back into F1 again now its a more even playing field and there's good coverage on ONE.

Ferrari can't dominate anymore which is a good thing so they're having a massive whinge that there's a cap on spending. The sport would be better without them IMO.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Bernie is an A grade knob giving a veto vote to the red team....he got where he was by getting them all under his thumb and look what he has done.

if F1 gets dull again, and i shure hope it dosnt, channel one is going to be showing the entire DTM series....happy days....it will give a nice choice in comparrision to Taxi racing any day.

on another note congrats to Casy Stoner last night cracking race.

keithroosters
Bronze

Post by keithroosters »

the live telecast from one HD makes a huge difference. loev the pre race show. really enjoying F1 this year

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Webber P2 in Turkey was a good show ( red bull stuffed their tactics with Vettel)

Websie is onlt 1.5 points behind his team mate in the overall standings and is in a good position to come in the top 3 in the overlall all drivers at the end of the year if his luck keeps up.

Silverstone next...come on the rain