English Championship Thread

Talk about what's going on in the world of sport.
Egan
Platinum

Re: English Championship Thread

Post by Egan »

My mate in Leeds should be having a good time LOL...

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

We love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkENv73GtXA

Waz
Silver

Post by Waz »

Cheers Leeds!

Fergie Time, Fergie Time, Fergie Time...

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

Due to the useless IT at the Olympic Park site, I only got my application in at 10:13 when they became available. 10:10 was when the cutoff was, so I missed out on what would've been a magical (if freezing) afternoon. Oh well, I'm hoping for more luck for White Hart Lane.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Kilo what are you doing at the Olympic site?

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

Working on tenders. Landscaping the south end of the park initially, aquatics training and Paralympic tennis facilities currently.

Leeds, conquer the Champions on their patch one week, can't get past a team at the bottom of League One at home the next. :? :x
The number of postponed matches this week was incredible.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

kilonewton wrote:Working on tenders. Landscaping the south end of the park initially, aquatics training and Paralympic tennis facilities currently.

Leeds, conquer the Champions on their patch one week, can't get past a team at the bottom of League One at home the next. :? :x
The number of postponed matches this week was incredible.
Any chance for a few inside glimpses of the stadium construction if you are allowed?

Yeah Bolton supporters went all the way to London, before Arsenal had cancelled the game a few hours before kick off. The game in Manchester between two local teams was cancelled a day in advance. Need a national authority on postponements, not leaving it up to the clubs...

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

If we win one of the tenders maybe. I'm strictly office bound at the moment, and its doing my head in.

For the bigger grounds, the surface is usually playable, just its too icy for the fans to get there safely. Those postponements are usually in consultation with local authorities. I can't imagine council taxpayers being too happy if money was spent gritting and clearing access to a stadium when the local streets get nothing. I know I wouldn't be too happy if they cleared the way to Gillingham's ground (unless Leeds were playing!)

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

kilonewton wrote:If we win one of the tenders maybe. I'm strictly office bound at the moment, and its doing my head in.

For the bigger grounds, the surface is usually playable, just its too icy for the fans to get there safely. Those postponements are usually in consultation with local authorities. I can't imagine council taxpayers being too happy if money was spent gritting and clearing access to a stadium when the local streets get nothing. I know I wouldn't be too happy if they cleared the way to Gillingham's ground (unless Leeds were playing!)
Would do, especially when you have a chance to start getting out to a site full of stadiums :wink:

deejaybee
Silver

Post by deejaybee »

Forest are going well.

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

Two games to go. QPR almost there, barring any points deduction the day before the final match.

Norwich good chance to go up also, after coming up from League 1 last year
The northern hemisphere sheep enjoyers, Cardiff still in with a shot at auto, Swansea guaranteed playoffs.
Reading have gone well since Christmas, one more point and clinched playoffs.
Forest, after going into what seemed terminal decline have dragged themselves back into it, whilst Millwall and Burnley hope Forest suffer another dip.

As for Leeds, flying high earlier, but have gone down since January, and need a miracle to get to sixth now, six points behind Forest with the remaining games against Burnley at Elland Road and finishing up at Loftus Road.

Ah well, at least I might get to see Brighton's new stadium next season, as long as its not the weekend of the AFL GF.

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

Championship, League 1 & 2 kick off this weekend.

West Ham looking to get back into the Premiership to justify moving to the Olympic stadium.
Brighton opening their new stadium. (Leeds plays there Friday night 23rd Sep. Should be relatively simple to get a ticket for that one)
AFC Wimbledon up to League 2, but they've already been knocked out of the Carling Cup.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Brighton would be a good away trip.

bazza
Silver

Post by bazza »

Egan wrote:Brighton would be a good away trip.
probably better than Burnley

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

kilonewton wrote:AFC Wimbledon up to League 2
I love the english football league system.

Love it!!!!