English Championship Thread

Talk about what's going on in the world of sport.
cam
Gold

Re: English Championship Thread

Post by cam »

Can't believe it's already starting up again! I haven't kept too much of a close on on Leeds' transfers but last I looked we had lost several players. What's the latest? Looking good to challenge for promotion?

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

cam wrote:Can't believe it's already starting up again! I haven't kept too much of a close on on Leeds' transfers but last I looked we had lost several players. What's the latest? Looking good to challenge for promotion?
A few out that are replaceable. Schmeichel is the loss although they've now got a proven Championship keeper in. The injuries to the 1st choice strikers should hopefully let Billy Paynter get some match time & confidence. And Kisnorbo is back to fitness so the defence may finally get sorted.
They should be there or thereabouts. If I'm honest, Premiership football can wait until I move back to Australia. Cheaper seats in the Championship and not as much competition for away tickets. As long as they win the home games I go to, and win or draw when I'm at the away games, I'll be happy.
Egan wrote:Brighton would be a good away trip.
I was down there a few weeks ago for a stag do. Cracking weekend. That away trip will strictly be an in and out affair though (no pun intended), as I'm a little busy around that time.

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

kilonewton wrote:As long as they win the home games I go to, and win or draw when I'm at the away games, I'll be happy.
2-2 draw at West Ham, 90th minute equaliser, I was happy with that.

add0001
Bronze

Post by add0001 »

Southampton FC will get promoted then they will win the Barclays Premier Leauge.