English Premier League 2007/08

Talk about what's going on in the world of sport.
Waz
Silver

Re: English Premier League 2007/08

Post by Waz »

The FCUM fans still sing about our abundance of trophies in our cabinet and the length of time since we last added to it. They're still rag scum to me!

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Waz wrote:The FCUM fans still sing about our abundance of trophies in our cabinet and the length of time since we last added to it. They're still rag scum to me!
All of Manchester is scum...lol

Waz
Silver

Post by Waz »

Especially Bolton

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Waz wrote:Especially Bolton

Repaid all our debt - Yep

Still in Premier League - Yep

Don't have a stadium falling apart - Yep

Screwed over Burnley - Yep

I would say our lengthy stay in the Premier League has been a success story in regards to the stabilisation of the clubs finances. Selling Anelka also helps

Spirit of Santos
Bronze

Post by Spirit of Santos »

yob wrote:Yeah I was the same. I like them both. But who hates the Dons more than MU? My heart will always be with FCUM :lol:

11th this year. Maybe not good for promotion. But I can wait.

Could you imagine a FCUM v Man City derby? What a bloody love-in.
They were in the same division as a amateur club run by Manchester City fans called Maine Road FC a few years back. So they played a few "little Manchester" derbies against them.

Football/GAA Bhoy
Bronze

Post by Football/GAA Bhoy »

the quality of football in the epl is pretty poor. compared to la liga.

even though some of the best players in the world play in the epl i find its more about who can spend more money and "buy" success.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Saw this on the totalrl.com forum.

http://www.totalrl.com/index.php?s=&sho ... &p=2023271

:lol:

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Football/GAA Bhoy wrote:the quality of football in the epl is pretty poor. compared to la liga.

even though some of the best players in the world play in the epl i find its more about who can spend more money and "buy" success.
what a fukn retarded thing to say. La Liga has two excellent teams and 18 crap ones. The Premiership has far more depth and the tempo and skill are higher than La Liga across the board (barring Barca and Real).

Waz
Silver

Post by Waz »

That's a bit harsh on teams like Valencia, Sevilla, Espanyol, Atletico etc etc. They hold their own for sure!

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

It would be interesting to have the EPL from England play the La Liga from say Spain in there relevant positions. IE Chelsea play Barca, Man U play Real Madrid ect.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Waz wrote:That's a bit harsh on teams like Valencia, Sevilla, Espanyol, Atletico etc etc. They hold their own for sure!
You should check out the final league standings. Particularly the gap in points and GD between 2nd and 3rd

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

So are Wigan completely pathetic and trying to break Derby Counties record low points tally, or are Blackpool perhaps not that bad....?

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Went to Bolton on the weekend to watch Bolton Wanderers v Fulham. Was going to go to Wigan v Blackpool but decided against it - massive regret in hindsight. Was very pumped and there was a bit of atmosphere outside the ground. The stadium is great even though location is sh*t. Once inside, it was a little disappointing. Three quarters full and the noise was quickly replaced by the odd expression at frusatration - it was that sort of game.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

beastjim wrote:So are Wigan completely pathetic and trying to break Derby County's record low points tally, or are Blackpool perhaps not that bad....?
Blackpool didn't look too good in the highlights. They had some real Clousseau-esque moments up front but still put away 4, so I reckon the former.

I fear for Wigan.

beastjim
Gold

Post by beastjim »

You were right about Blackpool. Arsenal showed us really what is going to happen with them this season.
But this weekends entrant in worst team in the Premier League comes from Aston Villa. Can't tell me James Milner was that good. Seriously letting in 6 against a promotion team. The mind boggles. Glad im not putting any money on these games.....

Still two massive turn arounds, Blackpool a 10 goal turn around and Newcastle a 9 goal turn around.