2012 Decision - LONDON WINS

Talk about what's going on in the world of sport.
Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

2012 Decision - LONDON WINS

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

Due on Wednesday Eve at 9:30 I believe.

I'm still rooting for London.

Anywhere but Paris!
Last edited by Cheesie-the-Pirate on Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

I hope its London...free accomodation for the Olympics.

I think it will be Paris...not that im worried, will still probably go and just catch the train every day.

Will be keeping my eyes peeled, but should be a fantastic olympics if either gets it.

britishspud
Silver

Post by britishspud »

lets just say favourite never win....and while i have issues about the london olympic stadium i'll save it till after london wins the bid...

reece
Bronze

Post by reece »

The company rebuilding Wembley some Aussie cmpany have apprantly lost millions of dollars on the project. :?

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

I thought they'd ruled wembley out for the Olympics and are looking at a new stadium in the East End. I'd like to hear 'Spud's opinion now :)

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Simmo79 wrote:I thought they'd ruled wembley out for the Olympics and are looking at a new stadium in the East End. I'd like to hear 'Spud's opinion now :)
They are. When I was in London 2 years ago the tour guide crapped on about city regeneration (built around commercial expansion) and East End regeneration (built around the Games - includingt he main stadium).

He also said the London authorities were increasingly using the term East Side instead of East End (because of the poor connotations from the latter). He was a West Ham fan and not happy at all. "How can they stop such an established name? I stand around with 35,000 other football fans every second week jumping up and down chanting Eastenders Eastenders"

DH
Silver

Post by DH »

I hope London gets in, if not New York. Paris looks like the winner though.

britishspud
Silver

Post by britishspud »

this is the olympic stadium during the games capacity 80,000

god know what it's going to cost,i reckon around £500million.then after the games it's going to be reconfigured into a 25,000 capacity.nodoubt the most expensive small stadium ever built

my problem is this.. with a capacity of 25k it's not large enough to hold the world championships...maybe big enough to hold a european champs.. on an anual basis the only time this stadium is going to be filled is for the london grand prix, for which you WOULD sell 65/70k tickets easily....which would provide a vast amount of income for the athletics assoiciation.....

an 80,000 capacity stadium might temp a EPL team to relocate,a 25k one won't...

the playing area of an athletics stadium is large enough to play cricket on,
stick a drop in wicket in the middle,turf over the track, england v oz,one day cricket and 80,000 fans..... :shock:

they are missing the commercial value of a large stadium imo

greeny
Bronze

Post by greeny »

wat really pisses me of is that the thorpedeo (that prick) has got his tounge up the arse of some yank really licking brown and prob getting paid alot of money for it saying he is backing new york cos he says its like another home to him, well if thats how u feel prick then f**k off and dont come back i wont miss u!

very unAustralian

on a nicer note go paris!!! :D :D :D

Cheesie-the-Pirate
Gold

Post by Cheesie-the-Pirate »

LONDON WINS!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wally
Bronze

Post by Wally »

Atleast there'll be lots of Aussies at the Games..

Is the majority of the Olympic site planned for London going to be temporary? Is the major stadium going to be left at 80k after the Games? Will Twickers be used?

Jeffles
Platinum

!!

Post by Jeffles »

HMS Cheesemaker wrote:LONDON WINS!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Your rooting paid off!

Joey
Silver

Post by Joey »

London will be aweful.
reece wrote:The company rebuilding Wembley some Aussie cmpany have apprantly lost millions of dollars on the project. :?
Multiplex

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Nah London will be a good games, beat a very competitive even field...has to be good.

So when do you think the French and English will be going to war again :wink:

Have been having major fights at present.

Joey
Silver

Post by Joey »

The French owe England for their country still being around today.

Well, the English have 7 years to pick up their act. I suppose the Greeks did in the end.

I guess I just wish it would go to a city/nation that has never had the Olympics. The closest was probably Madrid. Even a South African city as they are hosting a competition extremely competitive for the "Largest sporting event" tag in 2010. Am I right to say Africa has never hosted a games?

I would have gone for New York if Atlanta never received the games.