Soccer or Football?

Anything relating to the Austadiums website such as feedback, ideas & site updates.

What should Austadiums refer to the World Game as?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:56 pm

Soccer
57%
Football
43%

Total votes: 21

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

The actual logo doesn't include the palm trees. It's just the artwork from their website. Usually it's just the 'AFL' and 'Queensland'.

james_
Silver

Post by james_ »

JF_Bay22_SCG wrote:It goes without saying that I far prefer the first logo.

JF :roll:
The original design is very good in my opinion. Simple, bold, effective. The only reason I know of it is from my primary school days when we'd play a bit of Aussie Rules during PE.

The fact that some 15 or so years later I still remember it makes it a successful design.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

JF_Bay22_SCG wrote:Oh dear, that second logo looks like something from Paradise Beach.
I liked that show too. Wonder if a forum member works on it. HD I'm looking at you.... :lol:

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Jeffles wrote:
JF_Bay22_SCG wrote:Oh dear, that second logo looks like something from Paradise Beach.
I liked that show too. Wonder if a forum member works on it. HD I'm looking at you.... :lol:
lol

I unfortunately have too many spare tyres nowadays to be shmoozing with Kimberley Joseph, Melissa "Impotence" Tkautz and co.
(insert crying smiley)

Tancred
Bronze

Post by Tancred »

I see that foxsports.com.au changed to football today.

DH
Silver

Post by DH »

That leaves The Age still left to do it.

Tancred
Bronze

Post by Tancred »

I wonder if the Age will or will it be to much for the Melbourne market

AusFootball
Bronze

Post by AusFootball »

fairfax ownes the age and syd morning herald in which they have changed to football so it will be interesting what they will do... there probably all AFL down there and may not even bother changing (like this site!)

Hiraldo
Silver

Post by Hiraldo »

Every media outlet in the country could call it football but I still don't see what good it would do.

Waz
Silver

Post by Waz »

It's like renaming all Yiros shops in Adelaide to souvlaki... we'd all still call it Yiros... and visa versa for Melbourne...

AusFootball
Bronze

Post by AusFootball »

Hiraldo wrote:Every media outlet in the country could call it football but I still don't see what good it would do.
that would, eventually turn it into football. it may take a couple of generations but everyone would get used to calling it football instead of soccer as the names popularity rises u see.

Hiraldo
Silver

Post by Hiraldo »

AusFootball wrote:
Hiraldo wrote:Every media outlet in the country could call it football but I still don't see what good it would do.
that would, eventually turn it into football. it may take a couple of generations but everyone would get used to calling it football instead of soccer as the names popularity rises u see.
Again, what good would it do exactly?

Sorry, but I can't see the fuss apart from when it comes to the official bodies running the sport and maybe a marketing scheme.

AusFootball
Bronze

Post by AusFootball »

Hiraldo wrote:
AusFootball wrote:

Sorry, but I can't see the fuss apart from when it comes to the official bodies running the sport and maybe a marketing scheme.
Im sure it would do some good if any. Im just agreeing with Johnny Warren and has he ever been wrong about these things?

Hiraldo
Silver

Post by Hiraldo »

AusFootball wrote:
Hiraldo wrote:
AusFootball wrote: that would, eventually turn it into football. it may take a couple of generations but everyone would get used to calling it football instead of soccer as the names popularity rises u see.

Im sure it would do some good if any. Im just agreeing with Johnny Warren and has he ever been wrong about these things?
IMHO, yes.

To him the word 'soccer' implied the sport was a second class citizen but I've always thought he read far too much into it.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Likewise

Soccer is the only name for this sport to go forward in the country...in my view.

But whatever makes people happy.

but far too much energy is being spent in changing the name...then in other things...which annoys me.