A-LEAGUE launch: "New Football"

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
yob
Platinum

Re: A-LEAGUE launch: "New Football"

Post by yob »

This pot system can EAD.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Can't see any intriguing ties in that draw

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Maybe an ACL or 2 if they play at Rockdale's home ground. That would bring Victory back to the field.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

I've just preordered this book on the history of the first decade of the A-League. Can't wait for it to arrive.

http://leopold-method.myshopify.com/pro ... rst-decade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

gyfox wrote:I've just preordered this book on the history of the first decade of the A-League. Can't wait for it to arrive.

http://leopold-method.myshopify.com/pro ... rst-decade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
First I've heard of this book. Tentatively interested. Does it have a publisher or is it vanity?

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Round of 16

Adelaide United Sydney FC @Hindmarsh 5066
Heidelberg Sydney United @Olympic Park Village 2270
Hume City Sydney Olympic @ABD Stadium 1624
Lions FC Perth Glory @Perry Park 2550
Melbourne City Wellington @MRS 4027
Metrostars Oakleigh Canons @Elite Systems Football Centre 1218
Palm Beach Sharks Wanderers @Robina 1794
Rockdale City Melbourne victory @Jubilee Oval 4165

I'm impressed with the crowds from the little clubs.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

yob wrote:
gyfox wrote:I've just preordered this book on the history of the first decade of the A-League. Can't wait for it to arrive.

First I've heard of this book. Tentatively interested. Does it have a publisher or is it vanity?
One of the authors is publisher of The Leopold Method so he's probably publishing his own work. His background is as a journalist writing about marketing and Stensholt writes quite a few articles for the AFR on the FFA and the A-League so I am hoping the book is about the business and politics of the League.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

Hopefully they've invested in an editor. Mooney's copy is typically full of grammatical fuckups and typos.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Evidently Ray Gatt did some proof reading on it. I'm not sure whether that is positive or negative information. :)

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

Well, if the word 'pastizzi' shows up anywhere, it'll be spelt correctly.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

NSW government today released the Greater Macarthur Land Release study for comment by Nov 4. It is expected the Menangle Park/Gilead precinct and the Wilton precinct will be rezoned by the end of this year and housing construction should start within 2 years. This release will see 35,000 homes constructed by 2036 and will result in a further population increase in South West Sydney of 110,000 by 2036. The other precincts totalling 33,000 homes (105,000 population) won't be rezoned until after 2036. With population in Liverpool, Campbelltown, Camden and Wollondilly currently totalling 480k and the South West Growth Centre expected to deliver nearly 300k population by 2036 this latest release would see South West Sydney meet the FFA's 500k criteria by 2017 and reach 950k by 2036 when infill development in existing suburbs is added. South West Sydney has to be in the mix in the medium term for an A-League club.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

What's the go with Luke Brattan?

The only rags on this side of the world carrying the story are citing Fox Sports Australia.