A-LEAGUE launch: "New Football"

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
tom
Bronze

Post by tom »

Ha! :) probably is, scarey thought. What is it, Purple the colour of sexual frustration.

Sathc
Bronze

Post by Sathc »

It is a shame how a colour can mean so much...
But what the heck - as a supporter of the Dockers and the Glory, I love the purple! Glory's history in the purple is to long and if a colour change occoured now it would not go down well with the supporters.

Do you remember the ochre Eagles guenseys? - That shows how a glory strip change would not work. The "original style" jumpers the Eagles wear is far more popular with the fans.

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

guy41 wrote:ING cup they all wear the sane uniforms
Of course. ING Cup and Fila

Me = Nuff Nuff :oops:

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Yob I have heard that Adelaide United will hold a Pre-Season competition at Hindmarsh Stadium between 4 teams and was looking to get official confirmation by Australian Football. This tournament would be held in February...I hope like hell the Glory are in this competition.

While in May a competition for the right to play in the World Club Championship their will be 3 venues and it looks like being Central Coast, Sydney Football Stadium and Members Equity Stadium...John O'Niell has been reported as saying that Perth will rightfully host matches...which should be both the Semi Final and the Final if we win the Semi Final.

Tom you will find most fans do not want the colours to change, I don't mind the colours even if I am a heterosexual male.

Excited about Naum Sekulovski's signing today, am more optimistic with the players were signing at the moment, very happy with the signing

Sathc were do you normally sit at games...or are you one of these Glory supporters that decided not to support them because it was no longer the in thing :wink:

tom
Bronze

Post by tom »

Tom you will find most fans do not want the colours to change, I don't mind the colours even if I am a heterosexual male.
Don't care, never liked the colours, never met anyone who openly said they did, hate the name and sponsor. I want to see relevance to the state, not random colours. Maybe with state colours, the team could actually be able to stir some support outside of the core fans.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Hmm mate you will see many people including myself buying the shirts with no hesitation...looking at the feedback when rumours persisted to fever pitch a few months ago, most did not want to change the colours...yet the rumour does not go away.

I personally wish the colours not to change or the name of the team...but have an inkling it deffinately will.

I will still be a great club, but don't want to lose the links...if you want to blame someone for the name and colours...Mr Richard Court is the man to blame it on :wink:

If your talking about the sponsor Chicken Treat...Red Rooster is set to join the Super 14 team :wink:

Relevance to the state - The Sun represents the rising power of soccer from the west and the setting of a new era for Western Australian football.

Purple and Orange were chosen because they have no link to any particular ethnicity...so have the attraction of multi-culturalism.

tom
Bronze

Post by tom »

Relevance to the state - The Sun represents the rising power of soccer from the west and the setting of a new era for Western Australian football.
That is so vauge, load of crap, they must have been grabing at straws if that is their explanation. All they had to say was that its a nice gaphic which doesn't mean much or can be associated with anyplace when you back it up with enough bullshit.
Purple and Orange were chosen because they have no link to any particular ethnicity...so have the attraction of multi-culturalism.
No ethnicity known for Black and Yellow comes to mind. Multiculturalism is a dirty little word anyway (no I'm no a racist, please research if interested why but this is not the forum for it).

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Mate, I can see your point...it has been discussed before on this forum...in General Discussion.

Personally without all the crap, I just want to keep the colours.

We have spilt championship success on these colours, tears of agony have been spilt and pride and jubilation has been brought by those colours.

It also is a fantastic site to see so many people in such a bright colour.

Although W.A people love and just cannot get out of their system the colours Black and Yellow, its such a symbolic notion of Western Australia, but do prefer the unattractive and to keep the colours the same.

But do see your point mate, but if changing the colours means that you will buy a shirt and be a regular at the mecca - Im all for it, if it brings fans through the gates and brings passion. Let that decision be made. I am sure Tana will be thinking of this decision very carefully.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

So it's not okay to change the colours of a soccer club that's been around for 10 years, but it's A OK to change the name of a WAFL club that has been used for 105 years, to some poxy company trading name? Where's the consistency Egan? You either support heritage or you don't. Supporting only what is important to yourself completely misses the point of heritage.

Sathc
Bronze

Post by Sathc »

A change of the Glory's colours is not going to give the club much needed cash. The Perth Demons need every cent of sponsorship dollar they can recieve.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Sounds like another AFC Wimbeldon in the making to me.

Hiraldo
Silver

Post by Hiraldo »

Even if Perth's name and colours are shite, changing them (significantly, at least) should be illegal (yes, I'm serious) unless the majority of members/supporters support a change.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Mate

For Perth its either change its name...or go down the gurgler...which do you think they would choose...people outside of Western Australia do not realise what a pathetic financial basketcase our WAFL sides are at the moment.

No its not optimum, but this is just for money...everyone in Perth will always call them the Perth Demons...but for moneys sakes why not get the money knowing that their fans and their opponents will always call them the Perth Demons...aka knowone calls the Western Warriors the Retravision Warriors.

The Perth demons are not changing their colours...colours to me mean more then their name...it wouldnt bother me if we had a sponsors name to start with as long as we kept the Glory part...because I would forever call them the Perth Glory.

My consistency is their, like I have always said I respect and enjoy heritage and tradition but not at the cost of the future of sport in my state and country...that has been my philosiphy with all my statements...the Demons change of name was for the betterment of the code...and sometimes we have to realise that tradition is not the absolute crucial part of sport and stadiums.

But I am not moderniso freak and do enjoy heritage and tradition as do everyone else...but also see the need to invigorate and envelope new challenges.

Hiraldo - We have been promised they would not be changed by Tana. but the rumours persist...lets hope its just rubbish speculation.

peterss
Bronze

Post by peterss »

I am totally on Egan's side here i have been an Avid Glory Supporter form almost day one and have grown to love the colours of Purple and Orange. To me seeing the Glory playing in different colours it just wouldnt feel like i am at a glory game for the first few games.

Here is hoping that Tana's story about the Colours and the name will not change.

CMON THE GLORY

Sathc
Bronze

Post by Sathc »

Sathc were do you normally sit at games...or are you one of these Glory supporters that decided not to support them because it was no longer the in thing
I would go to every game if I could! But none of my mates or my parents like the world game "to low scoring and boring" they say. If anyone wanted to purchase a couple of season tickets with me I would be more than happy :lol: . When a friend is finally convinced to go I will usually sit in section S2 if I can.