Cricket 2013

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
the crow
Gold

Re: Cricket 2013

Post by the crow »

How good was it to watch the emergence of Agar...

His stint will be forever referred to as a Demi.

Some kid called Ashton banging a 50 something.........

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Just.....wow! Astonishing innings. And Hughes' contribution should not be downplayed either. Great partnership.

Covered up some awful batting at the top of the order though.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

Boba Fett wrote:Just.....wow! Astonishing innings. And Hughes' contribution should not be downplayed either. Great partnership.

Covered up some awful batting at the top of the order though.
To come out with a first innings lead when 6 of the 11 batsmen got 2 or less was not a bad feat. Agar played some really classy shots.

bazza
Silver

Post by bazza »

I a surprise turn of events, Australia failed to chase a tough, but gettable final innings total due to a middle order batting collapse

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

So much for all the changes and improvements Darren Lehmann was going to bring to the team.

Batting collapses, silly DRS decisions and the bowlers almost winning the game with both bat and ball. Same old same old.

Surely Cowan's had enough chances now? Should be dropped and bring Khawaja in.

bazza
Silver

Post by bazza »

With Watson back at opener Australia's batters are handicapped by only having 1 DRS

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Boba Fett wrote:So much for all the changes and improvements Darren Lehmann was going to bring to the team.

Batting collapses, silly DRS decisions and the bowlers almost winning the game with both bat and ball. Same old same old.
And still only lost by 14. Looks like progress to me and there's still potential left.

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

Only lost by 14 due to the batting exploits of Agar and Pattinson. Great to see such fight in our batsmen...oh wait, they're not batsmen.

Until the actual batsmen can start to consistently score decent scores, I'll reserve judgement. Can't expect the bowlers to bail the team out with the bat ALL the time!

Replacing Cowan with Khawaja would be helpful I think.

dibo
Gold

Post by dibo »

Simmo79 wrote:
Boba Fett wrote:So much for all the changes and improvements Darren Lehmann was going to bring to the team.

And still only lost by 14. Looks like progress to me and there's still potential left.
Ditto. We've got the strongest tail in cricket, and I think Hughes has found his place and the openers look a little more like openers.

I'm not sold on Smith, but I'm not sure whether you swap him out for Warner in a down-the-order role, pick an all-rounder or simply pick another bowler and your 'all-rounder' is whichever bowler hits a neat 40-odd that innings as the tail sticks on. You could swap Cowan for Khawaja and you're pretty well set.

gyfox
Platinum

Post by gyfox »

dibo wrote:
Simmo79 wrote:

Ditto. We've got the strongest tail in cricket, and I think Hughes has found his place and the openers look a little more like openers.

I'm not sold on Smith, but I'm not sure whether you swap him out for Warner in a down-the-order role, pick an all-rounder or simply pick another bowler and your 'all-rounder' is whichever bowler hits a neat 40-odd that innings as the tail sticks on. You could swap Cowan for Khawaja and you're pretty well set.

I'm not sold on Smith but I'm also not sold on 6 left handers in the side. I'd hate to make it 7 against Swann.

bazza
Silver

Post by bazza »

bazza wrote:With Watson back at opener Australia's batters are handicapped by only having 1 DRS
Shane defied the odds in not referring his second innings LBW to the DRS

Any chance Australia getting over 300 in the first innings in the next test?

Boba Fett
Silver

Post by Boba Fett »

The frustrating thing is that each of the batsmen has looked good at one point or another. They just can't string a series of good performances together.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Old Trafford is an ugly cricket ground

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

Hadn't seen this before. Warwock Todd's manifesto for getting the cricket team back to No1:

http://www.workingdog.com/Warick-Todd.php

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Trying to maintain hope.....I was actually scared to look at the scorecard today after seeing only 2 overs before lunch....