NBL 2010/11

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
Egan
Platinum

Re: NBL 2010/11

Post by Egan »

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/ ... the-prowl/

This was published last week, will be pretty epic sporting experience given the Arena's location. I think the capacity for basketball is actually larger, around 13,500-14,000.

Glad reducing ticket prices are in their plans for the Indoor venue.

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

What's the story with the new Brisbane team? Is that confirmed?

The NBL had a good year, by recent standards. If Sydney and Melbourne perform better, things could improve.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Jeffles wrote:What's the story with the new Brisbane team? Is that confirmed?

The NBL had a good year, by recent standards. If Sydney and Melbourne perform better, things could improve.
Nothings confirmed, think its a particularly poor market for the NBL and I wouldn't rush a team that is not prepared to spend serious money. 2 years without a side would also begin to make the market irrelevent to the league, however they reckon tv ratings in Brisbane have been pretty high for the NBL...

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

Now that ONEHD has had the pin pulled on it(by a significant stakeholder in Foxtel[lachie Murdoch] no less) how will this affect the NBL I wonder? On a side note I also wonder if it will quiet down the football fans getting ahead of themselves expecting that the A-League can and should be on FTA TV. Not even the king of Australian Sport can regularly get ch7 to broadcast its BIG games live against the gate, or in some cases before midnight in certain markets:( that won't fly in this age of instant knowledge regarding sports results via twitter/facebook etc, its not enough to just to avoid the radio or TV to pretend the game is live later on. Sport exists on FTA TV only under certain conditions and I don't think sports like football and basketball have the size/gravitas yet to demand the level of coverage on FTA that Pay provides at the expense of exclusivity to a 35% market share.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Adelaide_United_Red wrote:Now that ONEHD has had the pin pulled on it(by a significant stakeholder in Foxtel[lachie Murdoch] no less)
It's an evil conspiracy by Lachlan Murdoch. Fly fishing and snooker were tearing in to Foxtel's ratings on live english premier league and cricket.

Adelaide_United_Red
Silver

Post by Adelaide_United_Red »

yob wrote:
Adelaide_United_Red wrote:Now that ONEHD has had the pin pulled on it(by a significant stakeholder in Foxtel[lachie Murdoch] no less)
It's an evil conspiracy by Lachlan Murdoch. Fly fishing and snooker were tearing in to Foxtel's ratings on live english premier league and cricket.
Don't forget those bastards in the woodchopping:D evil(like fruit of the devil) evil they are!

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

One HD is movig to become something of a 7Mate type station appealing to blokes. No guarantee that sport will be on but I think some regular sport on OneHD could fit within the new aims of the channel. Just get rid of the expensive stuff with little return. In other words, American sports largely broadcast during the day, Slamball, bull riding, etc.

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

woohoo